Old 22-06-2009, 08:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Off Topic those damn Iranians

Thirteen Dead last I heard. Tragic shooting their own people.

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/polner.php?articleid=1856

Bill who wonders if Kent State will ever make the news in the next
year as a counter point.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria
Old 22-06-2009, 09:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Thirteen Dead last I heard. Tragic shooting their own people.

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/polner.php?articleid=1856

Bill who wonders if Kent State will ever make the news in the next
year as a counter point.

The movie "Frost/Nixon" is equally instructive for high crimes and
misdemeanors.
--

- Billy

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://green-house.tv/video/the-spring-garden-tour
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn
Old 25-06-2009, 05:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 22, 3:35*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
* Thirteen Dead last I heard. *Tragic shooting their own people.

WACO Texas....
Old 25-06-2009, 07:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Thomas wrote:

On Jun 22, 3:35*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
* Thirteen Dead last I heard. *Tragic shooting their own people.

WACO Texas....

It's still important.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_Siege

Old 25-06-2009, 10:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Thomas wrote:

On Jun 22, 3:35*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
* Thirteen Dead last I heard. *Tragic shooting their own people.

WACO Texas....

It's still important.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_Siege

You know, there was a time, just after Timothy McVeigh, that "collateral
damage" was a bad thing. Now it seems to be the coin of the realm.

Old 25-06-2009, 11:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Thomas wrote:

On Jun 22, 3:35*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
* Thirteen Dead last I heard. *Tragic shooting their own people.

WACO Texas....

It's still important.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_Siege

You know, there was a time, just after Timothy McVeigh, that "collateral
damage" was a bad thing. Now it seems to be the coin of the realm.

Blow Back

http://www.amazon.com/Blowback-Secon...n-Project/dp/0
805075593/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245967334&sr=1-1

Reap what we sow lingers .

Bill

--

http://www.youtube.com/usnationalarchives
Old 26-06-2009, 12:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Thomas wrote:

On Jun 22, 3:35*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
* Thirteen Dead last I heard. *Tragic shooting their own people.

WACO Texas....

It's still important.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_Siege

You know, there was a time, just after Timothy McVeigh, that "collateral
damage" was a bad thing. Now it seems to be the coin of the realm.

Blow Back

And we've blown so much. Scary idea.

http://www.amazon.com/Blowback-Secon...n-Project/dp/0
805075593/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245967334&sr=1-1

Reap what we sow lingers .

Not to mention them damn chickens.

Bill

Old 26-06-2009, 05:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:07:49 -0400, Bill who putters
wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,

http://www.amazon.com/Blowback-Secon...oject/dp/08050
75593/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245967334&sr=1-1

Reap what we sow lingers .

Bill

What?? WHAT???? Chalmers Johnson? You subversive, liberal
loon....you been smokin' turnip greens again, you eco fringe commie
pinko leftie!!!

You need to take a gramme, Billoon.

Charlie

"When the individual feels, the community reels."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 6

Depends on what you want to accomplish. If we want to keep the
military-industrial complex happy, we need to keep stirring up the
hornet's nests like the World Bank does with "economic restructuring"
(cutting health care, education, wages, and privatizing public assets,
like we are doing now in America), or when our leaders cause dozens,
hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands of innocents (collateral
damage) to be killed with indiscriminate missile and bomb attacks.

If we want peace, we assist in delivering clean water, and stop
undercutting third world farmers with our cheap subsidized grains.
We could cut our military budget in half (to a quarter of the world's
military expenditures) and have money left over for "First World" health
care, education, and maybe real increases in income for the bottom
quintile for the first time in 30 years.

But there isn't much money in Peace, just like there isn't any money in
crop rotation.

The Iranians and ourselves (and most countries) have one thing in common,
for all our pretense, our governments are oligarchies, not democracies.

Old 26-06-2009, 07:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:07:49 -0400, Bill who putters
wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,

http://www.amazon.com/Blowback-Secon...Project/dp/080
[...]

We were Warned in 1961 by a Republican.

Bill who will do only garden posts from now on "Trust Me" .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

http://www.nationalinterest.org/Article.aspx?id=19618