Old 04-07-2009, 07:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!! Brooklyn1....

"MICHELLE H." wrote in message
Third, you are correct about the greedy elected officials and their
FINES against homeowners. In our city, we have whats known as "Code
Violations". The "Code Violations" can be anything from trash/debris in
your yard, lawn/tree/shrub overgrowth, peeling paint, unregistered
vehicle in driveway, building without a permit, fence violations, etc,
etc. Our city has a website, where people/neighbors can go to, and
ANONYMOUSLY report you for a "code violation", and then you get fined by
the city unless you fix the problem.

The rule in our city is that if your grass at least 6 inches tall or
higher, than you get a fine of $50 dollars A DAY, until the lawn is
mowed!!!!! Same goes for overgrown trees and shrubs/bushes.

Good grief! That sounds absolutley disgusting.

I couldn't live in a place like that. I'd be complaining long and loud
about loss of personal freedom.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

"MICHELLE H." wrote in message
Third, you are correct about the greedy elected officials and their
FINES against homeowners. In our city, we have whats known as "Code
Violations". The "Code Violations" can be anything from trash/debris in
your yard, lawn/tree/shrub overgrowth, peeling paint, unregistered
vehicle in driveway, building without a permit, fence violations, etc,
etc. Our city has a website, where people/neighbors can go to, and
ANONYMOUSLY report you for a "code violation", and then you get fined by
the city unless you fix the problem.

The rule in our city is that if your grass at least 6 inches tall or
higher, than you get a fine of $50 dollars A DAY, until the lawn is
mowed!!!!! Same goes for overgrown trees and shrubs/bushes.

Good grief! That sounds absolutley disgusting.

I couldn't live in a place like that. I'd be complaining long and loud
about loss of personal freedom.

I don't care where one lives there are always rulz. When one lives in a
community of hundreds, even thousands of homes, all close together on small
lots there needs to be certain rulz. People are made very aware of all the
rulz prior to purchase and made to agree to abide by signing a legal
instrument at closing. The rulz are not all that strict, if one misses
mowing now and again no one will care, but if after a few months the place
looks likes it's been abandoned then the rulz will come into play. If you
wonder why folks choose to live in such communities (aka bedroom
communities) it's typically because they haven't much choice if they want to
be within a reasonable commute to better jobs and not live in inner city
tenements... and don't think for a second that there are no rulz with
apartment and condo living. Not everyone can afford to live on large land
in bucolic surroundings and still find money to raise a family, especially
since the more rural the less employment opportunities and lower the wages.
There is no loss of personal freedom, one *chooses* to live in those
communities. And anyway there are always rulz for everyone... quite often
some old geezer in this very rural area becomes senile, has no relatives,
stops caring for themselves, stops paying utility bills and property taxes,
and finally neighbors notice the 100 acre farm has gone to heck, animals are
starving, and social services comes and hauls him off his dairy farm to the
local funny farm and the county auctions the farm to pay the bills, them's
the rulz. In the US ones freedom ends at their neighbor's nose.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

Brooklyn1,

Yes, once again you are absolutely right!! We live on a street where it
is all single family houses, but houses that were built in the 1920's,
so we all have SMALL yard, but the same size yards.

Everyone on my street, including us, we all have yards that are 0.11
acres in size. We all have 50 feet in the front, 50 feet in the back,
and 100 feet on the sides. But the houses are VERY CLOSE together. The
neighbors on both sides of me are probably like 10 feet from my house!!!

And yes, you are correct about the mowing. Now one will really care if
you don't mow for a week or two, but if the grass gets 6 inches high or
taller, and it makes your house and yard look messy, and your house
looks abandoned, then your neighbors can go to our citys website and
anonymously report you for what the city calls "Code Violations".

But like I said in my other post, you can also be reported for overgrown
bushes/trees/shrubs, littler/debris/trash in your yard, peeling paint,
fence violations, sign violations, building without a permit,
unregistered vehicle in your driveway, etc, etc.

Old 29-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Registered User

I consider myself very lucky if I have any, green and bare soil cover in the summer. I always have brown summer, but because this is a natural cycle I will not waste water like a greeness.
pumps for pond