Old 28-12-2009, 01:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Veggie platter sweet pepper variety?

Hi. Can anybody give me a variety name for the mini sweet yellow and
red peppers that the supermarkets have in their veggie platters? I
bought a bag at Costco today and I thought I would grow some next
summer. I haven't found anything that looks like it online or in my
catalogs. I just noticed the bag says "Babylicious"TM in fine print.
I'll have to Google that and see what I find.

Thanks.

Doug
Old 30-12-2009, 08:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Dec 27, 8:08*pm, Doug wrote:
Hi. Can anybody give me a variety name for the mini sweet yellow and
red peppers that the supermarkets have in their veggie platters? I
bought a bag at Costco today and I thought I would grow some next
summer. I haven't found anything that looks like it online or in my
catalogs. I just noticed the bag says "Babylicious"TM in fine print.
I'll have to Google that and see what I find.

Thanks.

Doug

If the Costco peppers come with the seeds still in them, try planting
those. My wife occasionally comes across something interesting at the
supermarket and generally the seeds will germinate.

Paul
Old 03-01-2010, 01:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Dec 30 2009, 3:33*pm, Pavel314 wrote:
On Dec 27, 8:08*pm, Doug wrote:

Hi. Can anybody give me a variety name for the mini sweet yellow and
red peppers that the supermarkets have in their veggie platters? I
bought a bag at Costco today and I thought I would grow some next
summer. I haven't found anything that looks like it online or in my
catalogs. I just noticed the bag says "Babylicious"TM in fine print.
I'll have to Google that and see what I find.

Thanks.

Doug

If the Costco peppers come with the seeds still in them, try planting
those. My wife occasionally comes across something interesting at the
supermarket and generally the seeds will germinate.

Paul

Yes, I suppose I can give that a try. I figure SOMEBODY must know what
variety they are and that the seeds are available. I'm a little
surprised by the lack of replies. Oh well.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

Doug wrote in

om:

On Dec 27, 8:08*pm, Doug wrote:

Hi. Can anybody give me a variety name for the mini sweet
yellow and red peppers that the supermarkets have in their
veggie platters? I bought a bag at Costco today and I thought
I would grow some next summer. I haven't found anything that
looks like it online or in my catalogs. I just noticed the
bag says "Babylicious"TM in fine print. I'll have to Google
that and see what I find.

i've seen them called Baby Belle
this place has seed for red, yellow & chocolate baby bell:
http://www.seedman.com/baby.htm

reimers has red only:
http://www.reimerseeds.com/bell-sweet-peppers_1336.aspx

renee's garden has a pkt with red & yellow mixed:
http://www.reneesgarden.com/seeds/seeds-hm/vegO.htm#pep

hope that helps. it looks like they'd do well in northern short
season gardens, or at least better than regular bells.

lee
Old 03-01-2010, 05:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Doug wrote in

om:

On Dec 27, 8:08*pm, Doug wrote:

[...]

Lee, you and Paul are truly a saints for doing the OP's leg work for
him, when you consider the only information given was "mini sweet yellow
and red peppers" (bell?), "Costco", and "Babylicious"TM (yeah, good luck
with that one). I was a little surprised by the lack of useable
information. Seems most people, when they want an identification, will
post a picture of the unknown plant, fruit, flower, leaf, or something.

In keeping with your display of kindness. Let me suggest that, if the OP
ever gets around to googling, he may try "minature peppers, pictures",
and get responses such as
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68456601@N00/3350389201/
, maybe then he could identify what he is looking for.

Again, Lee, thanks to you and Paul for keeping the season's spirit.
--
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.²
-Archbishop Helder Camara

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm

Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jan 3, 9:09*am, enigma wrote:
Doug wrote
om:

On Dec 27, 8:08*pm, Doug wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised none of the major seed sources
carry them.

Doug
Old 04-01-2010, 12:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jan 3, 12:59*pm, Wildbilly wrote:
In article ,

*enigma wrote:
Doug wrote in

om:

On Dec 27, 8:08*pm, Doug wrote:

[...]

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...erts020709.htm

Wow. Hey thanks for the Google lesson.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Doug wrote in
.
com:

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised none of the major seed
sources
carry them.

well, Renee's Garden is one of my major seed sources
i'm going to try the three baby bells from seedman.com. i haven't
dealt with them before, but i do like the small bells (i got some at
Wegmans or Price Chopper last summer) & if they ripen in 55 days,
they should do fine in my area... assuming it's a wee bit warmer than
last summer. if not, i'm hoop housing the tomatoes & peppers, and
pumpkins... my heirloom maters didn't even start blooming until
nearly September, & it was a race with frost to see if i'd get any (i
did, but only a dozen or so).
my son had some odd tomato plant he took out of the tortoise cage &
put in a pot last February. that went outside in June & had ripe
tomatoes in July, but they weren't spectacular... i don't remember
what type of hothouse tomatoes i fed the tortoises, so i can't even
guess what it was.
lee
Old 06-01-2010, 06:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Doug wrote in
.
com:

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised none of the major seed
sources
carry them.

well, Renee's Garden is one of my major seed sources
i'm going to try the three baby bells from seedman.com. i haven't
dealt with them before, but i do like the small bells (i got some at
Wegmans or Price Chopper last summer) & if they ripen in 55 days,
they should do fine in my area... assuming it's a wee bit warmer than
last summer. if not, i'm hoop housing the tomatoes & peppers, and
pumpkins... my heirloom maters didn't even start blooming until
nearly September, & it was a race with frost to see if i'd get any (i
did, but only a dozen or so).

You're preaching to the choir, sister. preaching to the choir. By
mid-Fall, my tomato vines were ready to rock, but the heat went away.
Nuts!

Old 06-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Registered User

Hey there take a look at this video I made of a UNIQUE and RARE flower I saw on my way to work today. Can anybody identify it??
http://bit.ly/8pDkdb
Let me know what you think!!!
Watch it now!!

Thanks ! x

Old 06-01-2010, 04:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
jaszdeep wrote:

Spam, spam, spam

T'would be nice to meet this creep in a dark alley.