Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-02-2010, 07:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Grow A Little Extra This Year If You Can! Help A Neighbor :)

I have been out of work for over two years now when my company downsized
in this poor economy. Times are tough and going to get a whole lot
tougher for sure! I'm very lucky in the respect that I'm 61 years old
and only have one more year to go till I can retire on social security.
That is if that program is still in existence a year from now. Guess
what I'm really trying to say is: help your neighbor out a little if
you can. I'm planting way more vegetables in the garden this spring
than my wife and I could ever use. The reason being, I want to be able
to do what I can to help out other less fortunate people in this dire
time of need. I plan to put a folding table near the curb on my front
lawn and fill it with fresh veggies each day. I'll also have some saved
grocery bags on the table and a sign that says FREE ......PLEASE TAKE
WHAT YOU NEED BUT REMEMBER OTHERS MAY BE IN NEED TOO! With unemployment
being as it is, I would imagine the veggie table will be quite a hit in
the neighborhood. It may be truly appreciated by some, others will
take advantage and some will won't care either way. This won't deter
me one bit. Why? Because I know In my heart that I'm doing the right
thing. We all need to help each other right now if we can because the
government sure don't give a shit about any of the once middle class
population!!!
May sound like a crazy idea to some but I was just brought up that way
when neighbors still helped neighbors

Rich From PA......... Zone 6