Old 25-06-2010, 03:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default The curse of BER

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Paul M. Cook wrote:
Maybe you're just taking a break
anticipating the rapture while amusing yourself on World Net Daily?

Reaching into the cruel and obscure corner of the insult bag now.

David

Now David, be careful, god protects drunks and fools.

And doesn't give a rats ass about their victims. If it made sense, they
wouldn't call it faith.

Paul

Old 27-06-2010, 02:52 AM posted to rec.gardens

Paul M. Cook wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Paul M. Cook wrote:
Maybe you're just taking a break
anticipating the rapture while amusing yourself on World Net Daily?

Reaching into the cruel and obscure corner of the insult bag now.

Go big or go home. Take no prisoners. This is war, damn it not a
game of cricket.

Paul

Just as well because Fran has a really mean bouncer.

Old 27-06-2010, 04:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

Bill who putters wrote:

You can bring a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

You can bring a horticulture but you cannot make her think.

David

Old 27-06-2010, 11:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
. ..
"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
u...
"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
u...
"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message news:hvo20u$kc8
"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

I water daily because the plants suck up all the water during
the day. They are not overwatered. I water just until I see a
little seapage from the bottom of the pots. Big plants, warm
and breezy days mean a lot of transpiration.

You are using pots and you admit that these dry out daily.
Either take on board the message the BER comes as a result
of inconsistent watering, which is what you are doing by using
pots, or start planting your toms in the ground where they might
have a fighting chance to avoid BER.

I guess I am finding it hard to believe that these plants require
such a delicate balance to thrive, or even do reasonably well.

You seem to be increasing the difficulty by looking at everything
but the most obvious. Toms aren't all that delicate. They aren't
as tough as old boots, but they also aren't very hard to grow if
you live in a climate where there is sufficient heat.

If you have 2 ft pots that dry out during the day, you have enough
heat. Reread the thread. If you sort out your watering
problems and then still have problems, that is the time to come
back with questions about additives or other problems etc.

I do not have a watering issue. None, zip, nada, zero.

There seems to be someone posting using your name and saying
different things over several posts.

I'll repeat, it is *not* a watering issue. Unless these damn things
are so delicate they rot out if the moisture fluctuates 1%.

Your story has changed. You really should have reread what you wrote
because "Paul M. Cook" has told us about his inconsistent watering:
1) "Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
No water stress such as dry roots. I water every day as it is quite
warm and the pots dry fast.
2) "Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
My pots get a gallon of water a day and if I do not water in the
morning I get a little wilt by afternoon. This whole uniform water
has me puzzled. I mean those plants do grow in the wild and surely a
consistently moist soil is not something they enjoy.
3) "Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
I water daily because the plants suck up all the water during the day.
They are not overwatered. I water just until I see a little seapage
from the bottom of the pots. Big plants, warm and breezy days mean a
lot of transpiration.
4) "Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
I just water the plant as much as it needs. (snip) When the moisture
level at 3-4 inches is just above the dry mark I add water. Some
days are cool enough I don't add water for 2 days, others every day.

This whole thing has turned into quite the conspiracy theory for you,
hasn't it. Get over yourself. This is a garden group and we're
talking watering plants. Maybe you're just taking a break anticipating
the rapture while amusing yourself on World Net Daily?

The only conspiracy here is in your head.

We are here to talk about gardening. So why would you ask a question and
then ignore all the people who told you about BER and inconsistent
watering?

I didn't. You did.

LOL. Sure you took on board that there was a strong connection between BER
and inconsitent watering!

You read "dry" as in "dried out" and then you thought
you found some chink in somebody's armor and you went for it. It's
typical newsgroup bullshit.

You told us a story of inconsistent watering. In fact you even changed your
story about how often you watered. And now you blame me for noticing that
you changed your story.

Highly inventive of you, but stupid.

The rest of us aren't here for your convenience. If you want advice then
put some effort into thinking about the responses you're given. If you
are going to tell us a whole heap of different stories about your
watering habits, if you are not going to take advice that is kindly
given, then don't be at all surprised when someone gets sick of your
idiocy and yanks your choker chain to try to bring you to heel.

Dumbass - YOU are confused. Not me. YOU. I KNOW what I wrote and I KNOW
what I meant.

Temper, temper! Only foul mouthed snivelling little guttersnipes use that
sort of language.

You however seem hell bent on turning this into a ****ing
war. In case you missed it, and you did, I am quite appreciative of those
who help.

Well I did miss it because you didn't say thank you to anyone.

In fact over the years I have spend countless hours being just
such a supportive person on a host of subjects. But you I don't like
because you're an OCD whacko PITA who would argue about anything. So just
put me in the killfile and go away. Because that is exactly what I am
doing to you.

Bye, bye little fellow.