Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2011, 02:25 AM
Registered User

Location: Virginia
Angry Ticks! Ticks! Ticks!!!

I'm sorry if this has been answered in the ant thread, but I figured even if it was, it would need it's own thread because it's such a HUGE problem, at least in my area. So, here's the question. As I've said before, my house is in woods and I have two labs and a jack russel mix. The ticks are HORRIBLE. One of my labs contracted Lyme two years ago, which was terrifying. We used Frontline, and the ticks were reduced but still there. We tried Advantix and it worked better, but made my jack russel mix ill. I did research and found a home made mixture that I put in a spray bottle and I sprayed them every night, which worked as well as the Frontline and was safe to touch and smelled better, but it's not just the ticks getting on them but clinging onto them and coming into the house. Is there any inexpensive way to repell them at least a little? Maybe something I can put on the floors? I had to use a strong pesticide on everything last year because the jack russel came in COVERED in nymphal ticks, which was an ordeal to say the least. Any advice is helpful and the cheaper the better.
Rocks, roots, constant shade and one
Ignorant Gardener

[IMG] code is On

Perimeter spray for ticks JackRabbit Gardening 3 28-04-2005 12:12 PM
Worm Bin & Ticks / Neem John T. Jarrett Gardening 8 28-05-2004 05:02 AM
TICKS AND MOSQUITOES Hound [email protected] Gardening 2 27-05-2004 03:02 AM
ticks and fleas ratSenoL Texas 1 17-06-2003 07:43 PM
Ticks, Ticks and more Ticks Lar Gardening 25 07-05-2003 08:44 PM