Old 26-04-2012, 01:20 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

Default Guess Who I Saw Today

Higgs Boson wrote:
On Apr 25, 6:20 am, wrote:
Don Bruder wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Billy wrote:
I've worked harvests at wineries for 3 decades. The bees always come
looking for any juice that they can find. The only time I was ever
stung, was when I didn't see a bee, and put my hand on it. Don't grqb
them, and they won't grab you.

these little buggers will find you, you don't have to find them, and
when they find you, its not one, but a hundred that comes after you. all
you have to do is be in their vicinity for them to attack.

Heh... Obviously being said by someone who knows less than nothing about
bees. Typical trolling idiot.

Hint: I've not only witnessed others doing it, but have personally
worked amongst bees that were coming and going so thick and fast that
they couldn't help but bang into me as they traveled. More times than I
can recall, I've worked hives while wearing nothing more "protective"
than a T-shirt and a pair of sunglasses. Yet here I am, still able to
type this message, and at last count, my "stung while messing with
beehives" score was 3. Yep, three. Guess that's what I get for catching
a case of "fat fingers" and mashing a bee while trying to get a grip on
a frame...

then tell us about africanized bees then, i am waiting to hear all about
it, as we have them here.

***It is scandal that they were allowed to work their way thousands of
miles North over the decades. The ****ing authorities in all the
countries KNEW they were coming, but nobody did **** about it.

How bad is the situation now for commercial and home growers?

HB

i wasn't aware of them being on the south pole and then moving north to
brazil, i thought brazil were where they started. we are actually used
to them in fact it was up near sao paulo where they originated, if you
had watched the video i posted you might have seen how they are here.
Old 26-04-2012, 11:30 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:53:13 -0600, spiritrising wrote:

Way Back Jack wrote:
A regular bee. Yep, it was an Eyetalian goombah honeybee singing O Sole
Mio while scarfing down nectar from a Russian olive tree. This was the 1st
regular bee I've seen in years.

Ironically, there were no bumbles. Normally, Russian olives are loaded
with bumbles. Come to think of it, haven't seen many bumbles at all this
yr. Maybe they're succumbing to the die back that has wasted the regular
bees.

Geez, I can remember when regular bees were ubiquitous, but that's another
story.

how about i send you a hive of bees from here, they only sting if you
get close, 10ft, and if your not allergic you won't even have to worry
about dieing! these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKUUziEgy1s they are
not scarce at all nor are the tame variety either!

How bout eating a pound of shit.

If there are bees that sting when you merely get within 10 ft., they are
Africanized honey bees. Those vicious *******s are not in this neck of the
woods ..... yet.

I'm talking about the European honey bee which has gotten scarce due to
biological and/or chemical agents. Don't you get any news on the rez?

Hell, I'm old enough to remember when Euro bees were all over the flowers
and clover grasses, even plantain. And this was in an urban jungle where
if you were lucky enough to have a lawn, it was the size of a postage
stamp.
Old 26-04-2012, 11:32 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:08:09 -0600, spiritrising wrote:

Billy wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Way Back Jack wrote:
[...]

Africanized honey bees which began over in de motherland and then to South
America and then hitched a ride to the warmer parts of North America.
Old 27-04-2012, 08:45 AM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

On Apr 26, 5:20*am, spiritrising wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:
On Apr 25, 6:20 am, *wrote:
Don Bruder wrote:
In ,
* * *wrote:

Billy wrote:
[...]

Who mentioned South Pole?

HB
Old 27-04-2012, 01:49 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

Way Back Jack wrote:
On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:08:09 -0600, spiritrising wrote:

Billy wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Way Back Jack wrote:
[...]

The Africanized honey bees in the Western Hemisphere are of mixed
descent from 26 Tanzanian queen bees of A. m. scutellata, accidentally
released by a replacement bee-keeper in 1957 near Rio Claro, São Paulo,
in the southeast of Brazil, from hives operated by biologist Warwick E.
Kerr, who had interbred honey bees from Europe and southern Africa.

Old 27-04-2012, 02:03 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

Way Back Jack wrote:
[...]

we have never had a shortage of any kind of bee around here at all and
there are plenty of euro bees for sure, now how do you think they made
africanized honey bees? yeah using an euro bee, there is a rez down
here??? wow thats news, would rather hear about that than bees. i live
in a urban jungle my yard is the size of a postage stamp i think, and
bugs are plentiful including wandering spiders which can kill you. so
much for living in a city.
Old 27-04-2012, 02:44 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

Way Back Jack wrote:
[...]

Nobody said that Euro bees were totally eliminated, just that their numbers
have been decimated nationally. I mean even some Armenians survivied their
own genocide.

Duh.
Old 27-04-2012, 02:45 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:49:34 -0600, spiritrising wrote:

Way Back Jack wrote:
On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:08:09 -0600, spiritrising wrote:

Billy wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Way Back Jack wrote:
[...]

I understand that they are not as efficient in pollinating as the European
strain and, more importantly, they are dangerous. People on lawn tractors
50 yds. from the hive have been killed because the mower's noise aggravated
them. Testing how far they will chase a person from the hive, researchers
measured 1/4 mile as opposed to less than 50 yds. for European honey bees
and even wasps.
Old 28-04-2012, 02:02 AM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 17:51:44 -0700, Billy wrote:

Way Back Jack wrote:
[...]

"their own genocide"????

Their genocide as perpetrated by the Toiks.

Duh.

OK, that makes more sense.

Not all African hives show overly defensive behavior; some colonies are
quiet, which gives a beginning point for beekeepers to breed a gentler
stock.[24] This has been done in Brazil, where bee incidents are much
less common than they were during the first wave of the African bees'
colonization. Now that the African bee has been "re-domesticated", it is
considered the bee of choice for beekeeping in Brazil.

Adieu, gentlemen.

..
Old 29-04-2012, 03:06 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

In article ,
says...

don't worry about fire ants here, worry about bullet ants, they won't
kill you but the pain is like being shot with a bullet and lasts 24hrs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEWmynRcEEQ

Yeah, BFD. I've had shingles.
Old 30-04-2012, 01:32 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural

Larry wrote:
In ,
says...

don't worry about fire ants here, worry about bullet ants, they won't
kill you but the pain is like being shot with a bullet and lasts 24hrs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEWmynRcEEQ

Yeah, BFD. I've had shingles.

a pox waiting to happen