Old 27-07-2013, 04:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default squirrels, again

"Gus" writes:

I will try peanuts, but won't that just fatten them up? And attract
more of them. How much do you put out at a time? If too much, won't
it attract other things like opossums and raccoons?

Please don't feed wild animals, it's a very bad idea.

The fact that it won't help with your vegetable garden, but make the
problem worse is another issue.

--
Dan Espen
Old 27-07-2013, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"Gus" writes:

I will try peanuts, but won't that just fatten them up? And attract
more of them. How much do you put out at a time? If too much, won't
it attract other things like opossums and raccoons?

Please don't feed wild animals, it's a very bad idea.

The fact that it won't help with your vegetable garden, but make the
problem worse is another issue.

--
Dan Espen

I have heard of some people planting tomatoes, etc in another part of
their yard and leaving that for the squirrels etc. Is that so very
different? Though it just seems like a bad idea, and I would attract
more, and a larger population than there should be.

Old 27-07-2013, 06:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Gus" writes:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"Gus" writes:

I will try peanuts, but won't that just fatten them up? And attract
more of them. How much do you put out at a time? If too much, won't
it attract other things like opossums and raccoons?

Please don't feed wild animals, it's a very bad idea.

The fact that it won't help with your vegetable garden, but make the
problem worse is another issue.

I have heard of some people planting tomatoes, etc in another part of
their yard and leaving that for the squirrels etc. Is that so very
different? Though it just seems like a bad idea, and I would attract
more, and a larger population than there should be.

Same basic idea.
Might work for a little while, but I doubt it.

--
Dan Espen