Old 28-11-2005, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

Default Squirrels again. What is this?

"John" wrote in message
One of the squirrels visiting my garden has a deep red head, and I do
mean red not reddish brown deep red, pure white front and a light
slate gray back. Its head looks smaller than the others but it is,
overall, a good bit bigger than the rest and intimidates them to get
at the food. It also does what a couple of my crows do it dips their
dry hard toast into the goldfish pond before eating it. It also tips
up the rubbish bin and goes through the rubbish making a hell of a
mess. This one is a new comer. It appeared over the last 3-4 days. I
normally poison off most of the squirrels before I plant out the bulbs
for my spring show. This one is so different from the rest that I
thought I should get advice on it first. Can you help with any info on
this.

I live in the north of Scotland.

If you live in an area which currently has populations of both red and grey
squirrels, and if you wouldn't want to inadvertently kill any red squirrels
when killing off the greys to protect your bulbs, you might be advised to
trap the squirrels, rather than poisoning them, since you could then release
any red squirrel which you might accidentally catch.

Old 28-11-2005, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

BAC wrote:
If you live in an area which currently has populations of both red and grey
squirrels, and if you wouldn't want to inadvertently kill any red squirrels
when killing off the greys to protect your bulbs, you might be advised to
trap the squirrels, rather than poisoning them, since you could then release
any red squirrel which you might accidentally catch.

Me think it's one of John's parakeets disguised as a squirrel to get to
the nuts.

Old 28-11-2005, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

BAC wrote:
If you live in an area which currently has populations of both red and

grey
squirrels, and if you wouldn't want to inadvertently kill any red

squirrels
when killing off the greys to protect your bulbs, you might be advised

trap the squirrels, rather than poisoning them, since you could then

release
any red squirrel which you might accidentally catch.

Me think it's one of John's parakeets disguised as a squirrel to get to
the nuts.

LOL, quite possible. Or maybe some Scots grey squirrels are so canny they've
started disguising themselves as red squirrels to avoid the chop.

Old 28-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Registered User

Maybe it is some sort of hybrid with the size of the red and the aggression of the gray - in other words, a squirrel with Wee Man Syndrome!
Old 29-11-2005, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

"undergroundbob" wrote in message

Maybe it is some sort of hybrid with the size of the red and the
aggression of the gray - in other words, a squirrel with Wee Man
Syndrome!

What a horrible thought! :-)

No, I reckon it's probably a disguised grey squirrel which has learned it's
a criminal offence in Scotland to set poison or lethal traps in an area
where there is a possibility that Red squirrels may be killed, out to con
the OP into stopping his annual poison fest.

Old 29-11-2005, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:

"undergroundbob" wrote in

message

Maybe it is some sort of hybrid with the size of the red and the
aggression of the gray - in other words, a squirrel with Wee Man
Syndrome!

What a horrible thought! :-)

No, I reckon it's probably a disguised grey squirrel which has learned

it's
a criminal offence in Scotland to set poison or lethal traps in an area
where there is a possibility that Red squirrels may be killed, out to

con
the OP into stopping his annual poison fest.

How about, it's a hoodie-wearing squirrel from Essex , forced to seek
asylum in Scotland?

LOL. If he was spouting poetry on route, he could even be (very) Little Red
Rhyming Hoodie :-)

Old 29-11-2005, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Spot my lil' first born then ... www.savethehoodie.com

Old 29-11-2005, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:

"undergroundbob" wrote in
message

Maybe it is some sort of hybrid with the size of the red and the
aggression of the gray - in other words, a squirrel with Wee Man
Syndrome!

What a horrible thought! :-)

No, I reckon it's probably a disguised grey squirrel which has learned
it's
a criminal offence in Scotland to set poison or lethal traps in an area
where there is a possibility that Red squirrels may be killed, out to con
the OP into stopping his annual poison fest.

How about, it's a hoodie-wearing squirrel from Essex , forced to seek
asylum in Scotland?

Janet

If it's a Essex girl squirrel then it will be wearing it's knickers round
it's ankles.
Sorry --don't know how to identify the boys

Old 29-11-2005, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

If it's a Essex girl squirrel then it will be wearing it's knickers round
it's ankles.
Sorry --don't know how to identify the boys

?
You don't know the difference between the boys and the girls?

Did your Daddy never sit you on his knee and tell you about the birds and
the bees?

Now boys can be identified by ...........

no not in public, it somewhat embarrasses me, come over here a minute. Bring
your Mum with you as I will need help to explain.

Mike
and the truth WLL prevail

Old 29-11-2005, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:

"undergroundbob" wrote in
message

Maybe it is some sort of hybrid with the size of the red and the
aggression of the gray - in other words, a squirrel with Wee Man
Syndrome!

What a horrible thought! :-)

No, I reckon it's probably a disguised grey squirrel which has
learned it's
a criminal offence in Scotland to set poison or lethal traps in an area
where there is a possibility that Red squirrels may be killed, out to con
the OP into stopping his annual poison fest.

How about, it's a hoodie-wearing squirrel from Essex , forced to seek
asylum in Scotland?

Wearing a hoodie like Long John Silver wore his parrot?

Caw! Stane the craws!

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 29-11-2005, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Colin contains these words:

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:02:39 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

Caw! Stane the craws!

RSPB on to you mate...

I have an idea they might agree with the sentiment...

Old 30-11-2005, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these
words:
The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

How about, it's a hoodie-wearing squirrel from Essex , forced to seek
asylum in Scotland?

Wearing a hoodie like Long John Silver wore his parrot?

Caw! Stane the craws!

Well, the good news is, nobody's going to call you a fashionista. The
bad news is, wearing a crow on your shoulder in Essex, won't get you
into Hello magazine.

Damn! I suppose I'll have to put the chip back.

Old 30-11-2005, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these
words:

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these

words:

How about, it's a hoodie-wearing squirrel from Essex , forced to

seek
asylum in Scotland?

Wearing a hoodie like Long John Silver wore his parrot?

Caw! Stane the craws!

Well, the good news is, nobody's going to call you a fashionista. The
bad news is, wearing a crow on your shoulder in Essex, won't get you
into Hello magazine.

But if that were all you were wearing, who knows?