Old 28-11-2005, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Squirrels again. What is this?

"John" wrote in message
One of the squirrels visiting my garden has a deep red head, and I do
mean red not reddish brown deep red, pure white front and a light
slate gray back. Its head looks smaller than the others but it is,
overall, a good bit bigger than the rest and intimidates them to get
at the food. It also does what a couple of my crows do it dips their
dry hard toast into the goldfish pond before eating it. It also tips
up the rubbish bin and goes through the rubbish making a hell of a
mess. This one is a new comer. It appeared over the last 3-4 days. I
normally poison off most of the squirrels before I plant out the bulbs
for my spring show.

I tried to send you an email, but the address doesn't work!

Can you please let me know what you use to poison the squirrels, and how do
you administer it?

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Old 30-11-2005, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from John contains these words:

/snip/

Should I suspect a breach of trust
I take two Green Fairies (conjured up by my own masculine hand) across
to the local Head Druid and after we have shared a bottle I get her to
put a curse on the offender. Works a treat for both of us. (Myself and
the Head Druid) I don't know about the recipient of the curse. I
always stay the night because it is an absolute pain in the piles
getting a coracle across the minch in the dark when yer under the
influence. Too many Navy and Coastguard boats about.

/snip/

May I have a pint of what he's got, please, Landlord?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 01-12-2005, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"John" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:33:29 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

Can you please let me know what you use to poison the squirrels, and how
do
you administer it?

We don't have any red squirrels around. According to the
conservationists and naturalists amongst the sparse population no red
squirrel has been seen here within living memory and the absence of
the red squirrel has been commented on in old estate documents.

I wasn't talking about red squirrels!

As far as what to use and how that's up to you and your situation.
Safety and legality must be your guiding principles and must over ride
every other consideration.

In other words you are not going to tell me!

Why did you waste all that effort when you had decided you were not going to
offer any solution, or has it all been in your imagination?