Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2003, 05:44 AM
Dave Calhoun

Default indoor garden advice needed

Let me start by saying I'm a guy and I've never tried to grow a plant
before. I have a nice fake one in my office. So I've got the itch to
give it a go. What I'd like is:

1. a small indoor garden, perhaps on one of those wheeled shelves in the
garden department.
2. lot's of flowers that perhaps I could rotate to my kitchen table and
back.

It will be located in a room that receives the afternoon sunlight, most
likely in front of a sliding glass door. Since I live in Washington
State the window will most likely get fairly warm in the summer and
somewhat cold in winter. Assume a temp variation between 60-80 degrees.

By reading websites I've collected a list of possible plants but I
realize I'm way out of my league. So I'll present the list here and
accept all the advice you have to offer.

shasta daisy
tall coreopsis
garden phlox
peonies