Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Registered User

Angry Problem Lawn Mower

My first post. Hope this is the correct section to post this question
I have a Qualcast Suffolk Punch 35s electronic ignition lawn mower that as be cutting my lawns for a long time with no problems, just a service at regular intervals.
But the other day while trying to start the lawnmower there was a bang which I believe to have been a back fire? After then the mower would not start
I checked the fuel and the carburettor that was ok and the compression
But unable to produce a spark at the spark plug
Being a electrical engineer I check the cut off lead and the continuity of the ht lead all ok
Replaced the spark plug with a new one as there was no continuity on the centre electrode
Also replaced the electronic module 3 pole unit inside the flywheel with a new one
And still no spark also removed the spark plug cap which from the reading as a 10k ohm suppressor built-in and connected the lead directly to the plug
Inside the flywheel the electronic module is screwed in place with no adjustment and the flywheel with the magnets build in are keyed to the shaft so there is no adjustment
There is a small voltage at the plug but nowhere a voltage to create a spark also turned the motor over with a portable drill with the spark plug removed and the thread connected to the frame
Has anyone any suggestions what maybe wrong with the mower that’s stopping it sparking at the plug

[IMG] code is On

Perculiar lawn mower problem FDR Lawns 15 16-06-2006 08:22 PM
Lawn Mower Battery Problem geezer Lawns 23 07-07-2005 12:40 PM
Lawn mower problem Matt Gardening 3 23-08-2004 09:10 PM
Lawn Mower Problem Stuart United Kingdom 7 16-05-2004 10:18 PM
How to Make a Lawn Mower into Mulching Mower? Jay Chan Gardening 8 30-05-2003 04:09 PM