Old 28-06-2003, 11:32 PM
NewsUser

Default Wierd Iris Flower

I planted some big bearded iris last fall. Bought them from Shreiner's Iris
Gardens. One of the plants, Swingtown, has begun to flower but the flowers
are growing from ground level rather than on a stalk! The leaves are normal
and the flowers appear normal otherwise.

Has anyone a clue what is going on?? All the rest of the bulbs have bloomed
normally.

Karen
Portland, OR

Old 29-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Maybe they have gone crazy from all this weird weather?

Its your freaking plant. You tell us what demented thing you did to it.

Old 29-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Starlord

I've had that happen one or two times during the blooming of my 300 iris, no
reson for it, it just happens.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org

Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/

"NewsUser" wrote in message
I planted some big bearded iris last fall. Bought them from Shreiner's Iris
Gardens. One of the plants, Swingtown, has begun to flower but the flowers
are growing from ground level rather than on a stalk! The leaves are normal
and the flowers appear normal otherwise.

Has anyone a clue what is going on?? All the rest of the bulbs have bloomed
normally.

Karen
Portland, OR

---

Old 29-06-2003, 05:20 PM
NewsUser

Did the plants continue to bloom that way, or was it just a freak occurance?
I'd just as soon dig this one up if this is its permanent growth habit.
Karen

Old 29-06-2003, 05:20 PM
NewsUser

Geeze, the only thing unusual is I've been exposing this plant to YOUR
demented messages.
karen

Old 29-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Starlord

From what has happened in my iris garden, it's a one time deal, that is IF your
growing tbi's, now if you have boarder iris or the smaller ones, they don't grow
tall at all and do bloom low like that.

Old 29-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Starlord

I had a Thornbird SAI who's first bloom was down like that, but the next stalk
grew nice and tall and had good flowers.

you can see them he http://desert-iris.netfirms.com/