Old 05-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Willow

Default I want an invasive plant!

Well Karen, you are rude to suggest people can't read. The first post many
of us are reading in this thread does not quote the original that states the
poster is from Canada. The subject says I want an invasive plant! The
body of the post lists a few suggestions without the original message being
quoted. Besides, all the plants I posted are cold hardy perennial or self
sowing. They are good plants for Canada. So dear, perhaps you should
apologize.

--
Willow
USA

"Karen" wrote in message
om...
"Willow" wrote in message

Cameleon Plant - Houttuynia cordata variegeta [will invade every nook

and
cranny]
Snow On The Mountain -AEGOPODIUM [also known as gout weed, very

invasive]
Bears Breeches [Acanthus hirsutus]
Bugleweed [Ajuga]
Perilla - Perilla frutescens [a self sowing herb, a favorite here]
Lemon Balm - Melissa officinalis [another invasive herb favorite]
Wild Violets
Or any mint [uuggghhhhhh]
--
Willow
USA

Can't believe so many posters can't read.

The original poster is from Canada!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2003, 01:12 AM
SAS567

Well Karen, you are rude to suggest people can't read. The first post many
of us are reading in this thread does not quote the original that states the
poster is from Canada. The subject says I want an invasive plant! The
body of the post lists a few suggestions without the original message being
quoted. Besides, all the plants I posted are cold hardy perennial or self
sowing. They are good plants for Canada. So dear, perhaps you should
apologize.

--
Willow
USA

Good answer, Willow!!! I agree!!
Sue in Mi. (zone 5)
Old 06-11-2003, 04:42 AM
Cat

In article ,
Karen wrote:
Why do so many people have reading problem? This guy said he's in
Canada!!! The place where snow doesn't melt until summer.

Although the original posts notes that he's in Eastern Ontario, in a
Zone 5 area [and judging by his domain, over in the Ottawa area, which
most definately has a long, cold winter], Canada is by no means all
snow.

The west coast [British Columbia] is temperate rain forest, and doesn't
get much colder [if at all, brrrr!] than San Francisco!

cheers!
avoid getting wet. This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."
Old 06-11-2003, 04:42 AM
Roy

I know darn well Kudzu will winter over in cold climates as it was
originally grown in Japan and japan gets some pretty darn cold
weather. Its also quite abundant in Korea and we all know Korea gets
some kind of cold, and my cousin when he visited me 9 years ago who
lives in north central Pennsylvanis took back some Kudzu to plant
(totally against my wishes) to keep a washout from getting any worse,
and its survived many a cold winter. Whata plant(s) exactly was in
question is beyond me............I assumed it was the Kudzu as thats
when the ability to read post showed up.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Willow

Hi Sue, and I am in Zone 5a, Ohio, just across the little pond from Canada.
On a clear night I could see Canada's lights. It amazes me how people
become rude to others when they are posting to a newsgroup.

--
Willow
USA
"SAS567" wrote in message
snip

Good answer, Willow!!! I agree!!
Sue in Mi. (zone 5)

Old 08-11-2003, 12:42 AM
D Kat

Depending on your server and how often you are able to get to the group you
may be answering (reply) to posts which may have cut to the point of not
having the information needed to respond without further information.
Basically if you are going to cut (I say this to myself as well) you should
leave sufficent information from the original posting for other people to
respond as well. So those of us asking "what zone" never saw the original
post or following posts with that information (for example I'm responding to
a to the person complaining about those of us not knowing the zone
because THAT post is no longer on my server (and yes I know I could go go
yahoo and track things down but I really don't have the time). So my
comment to not cutting people slack is - take a breath, lighten up. Life is
too short. (I say that to myself as well) DK