Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-09-2003, 12:12 PM
pelirojaroja

Default Tall, "Soft" Shrub/Plant

Hello,

I am looking for a shrub that gets TALL (10 feet would be nice) and also
somewhat wide (6 feet) -- but taller than it is wide. I want to plant it in
front of a bay window for screening, so it should have dense leaves. Here's
the catch -- I want it to be deciduous so that we can have light in room in
the winter. It should also have "soft" stems (not too woody) because it'll
be close to the house and the window. It doesn't have to be neat in terms
of dropping things (berries, etc.) since it'll be in the garden area right
outside the bay window.

I live in zone 6 (lakefront Cleveland, OH) and the area gets full sun.

I've been looking at garden centers and am not having much luck. Any ideas
would be appreciated!

--
-- pelirojaroja