Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2003, 02:02 AM
Salty Thumb

Default help with insect id

hey everyone,

can someone help me ID an insect? The insect is a bettle, yellow color
with black spots. I always thought it was a colorado potato bettle, but
then I looked that up and it doesn't look anything like it.

The spots are arranged like this: (- is the head)

_ooo
ooo

below and offset about 1/2 a spot from the top spots are another row of 3
spots more or less on the sides of the bettle. bettle is approximately 8
mm in length (6 mm body, 2 mm head, antenna length ~7mm) and 3 mm in body
width. carapace is not as round as a red ladybug. it's rather
rectanglur. spots are not perfectly round either, having about the same
proportions as the bettle's body. spots are a little over 1 mm in
diameter.

I've seen them in my garden, but this particular one was loitering around
inside the house. Right now he's under a glass and depending on what you
guys tell me, he'll either go smushy or get out of jail free.

I thought someone posted an insect id site earlier, but I can't find it
now.

Thanks for any help,

-- ST

[IMG] code is On

Help identifying insect Robert North Carolina 5 11-07-2004 06:08 PM
Insect Help Please STEVEN STEIN Edible Gardening 9 25-05-2004 03:10 PM
Help identifying insect Robert North Carolina 4 21-04-2004 05:05 PM
Help id an insect Vanis Texas 2 27-05-2003 03:44 AM
[IBC] Insect attack (was: [IBC] Need help with problem) Jim Lewis Bonsai 4 16-05-2003 07:44 PM