Old 16-03-2004, 04:38 PM
gurdjieff 0f gormorrah

Default So what all are people planting this spring?

wbarwell wrote in message
Feeling Froggie wrote:

"gurdjieff 0f gormorrah" iiiiii@iiiii wrote in

message piranha.. Just be sure to raise your draw-bridge immediately

after
leaving your garden.

I think we need your expertise. I've always wanted a moat.

Froggie

You need some squirrel hunting cats.

fact: cats hate water. a moat will also deter
cats as well as the bushy tailed rodents

--GG

--
"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun
in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to

Cheerful Charlie

Old 16-03-2004, 04:39 PM
gurdjieff 0f gormorrah

Shez wrote in message
In article , Feeling
Froggie writes
Shez wrote in message

.
com...
In article , gurdjieff 0f gormorrah
iiiiii@iiiii.? writes

Shez wrote in message
In article , gurdjieff 0f

gormorrah
iiiiii@iiiii.? writes

theoneflasehaddock wrote in message
. com...
"Phoenix" wrote in message
.com...
"theoneflasehaddock" ****off wrote in
message
Subject: So what all are people planting this spring?

Squirrels got every single crocus bulb I planted within 24

hours
from
when I
planted them. *******s.

Just a thought, flace, but you might try planting some Garlic

cloves
on
top of the Crocus. The little buggers might not smell them with
Garlic
on top. :-)

That's a great idea, Phoenix, thanks.

I've got a bunch of garlic cloves to plant anyways. Perhaps I

will do
that with the rest of my bulbs. Or at least some...

7 out of 10 Squirrels like garlic for an appetitzer pleasure before

they
partake of crocus.I would suggest the use of land or trip mines
especially
very tiny bounching bettys.Then again , you might want to think in

terms
of
constructing a medieval like moat around your garden. I do not

think
that
catapults will be
nessecary especially if said moats are stocked with crocodiles or
piranha..
Just be sure to raise your draw-bridge immediately after leaving

your
garden.

you're welcome [ in advance ]
The green gardener,
gurdjieff 0f gormorrah

-
theoneflasehaddock

You don't think this is a tiny bit over the top... Mostly moats were
built to keep humans out not Squirrels, and the cost involved would

be
such that stocking your whole garden with bulbs for squirrels to eat

for
the next hundred years might be slightly cheaper...
not that I want to put you down or anything, your ideas are very
imaginative... if somewhat insane...

insane? You want effective or you want to skimp on money , penny

pincher?
We are talking crocus here ! This is the best cash crop since Zappa's
Montana dental floss ranch !!!

I bet you have a potato in a jelly jar growing a vine in ya
window, don't ya? Yeah, thought so. Leave the aricultural
advice to us experts and you amatrues stick to raising sea
monkeys and mildew.

l0v3,
gurdjieff 0f gormorrah

I came, I saw, and puked
--little oppie cunningham

Nothing wrong with Insane, who wants to be normal... but most of us
don't have the budget to build a moat around the house, Besides the
neighbours might complain. I do live in a semi-detached house.
I don't grow potato vines on the window sill, I have a greenhouse for
potato vines in jars... Orchids, and the like.
Ps most gardeners are insane, )

However you can check out the garden below

That's really beautiful, Shez. Thanks for sharing.

Froggie

It is rather lovely, that I whole-heartedly admit.
You have a green thumb, for sure, and an eye for
spacing and color placement.
and I bet you have a moat behind that fence.

GG

Thanks for looking....Its always a pleasure to share your garden with
people who appreciate it.
--
Shez
Shez's Garden at

Old 16-03-2004, 05:15 PM
gurdjieff 0f gormorrah

om...

"Phoenix" wrote in message

[...]

a moat is nothing more than a well that is shaped like a cherrio.
You need to know how deep the underground water level is
or if there are underground springs, etc. Take care, because
some springs are only seasonal .
If you live nearby to salt water that can , also, be a problem,
due to sippage and piranha, being strickly fresh water inhibitants,
will not survive. However, crocodiles have no problem existing in
brackest waters.as long as there is an adequent food supply.
If you live in a area that the underground water level is too deep
to be financially feasible for the construction of your moat , do not
despair. Any reputable swimming pool contractor should be able to
fulfill your needs or if ya'll are the " do it yourself types" , a trip
and
inspection of a Water Theme Park should give you all the information
you will probably need

I hope this has helped

gurdjieff 0f gormorrah

Froggie

you're welcome [ in advance ]
The green gardener,
gurdjieff 0f gormorrah

-
theoneflasehaddock

Old 16-03-2004, 06:06 PM
gurdjieff 0f gormorrah

Shez wrote in message
In article , Feeling
Froggie writes

.

Old 16-03-2004, 06:42 PM
gurdjieff 0f gormorrah

Shez wrote in message
In article , Feeling
Froggie writes

.

Old 16-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Shez

In article , gurdjieff 0f gormorrah
iiiiii@iiiii.? writes

Shez wrote in message
In article , Feeling
Froggie writes

.

"Phoenix" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the kind words. Their is a river not to far away, but I
promise no moat, Not that I would mind, I could lean out of the window
and go fishing If I had a moat.

shez

Old 16-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Shez

In article , gurdjieff 0f gormorrah
iiiiii@iiiii.? writes

Shez wrote in message
In article , Feeling
Froggie writes

.

Old 16-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Shez

In article , gurdjieff 0f gormorrah
iiiiii@iiiii.? writes

Shez wrote in message
In article , Feeling
Froggie writes

.

Old 16-03-2004, 11:53 PM
gurdjieff 0f gormorrah

Shez wrote in message
In article , gurdjieff 0f gormorrah
iiiiii@iiiii.? writes

Shez wrote in message
In article , Feeling
Froggie writes
Shez wrote in message

.
com...
In article , gurdjieff 0f

gormorrah
iiiiii@iiiii.? writes

"Phoenix" wrote in message
[...]

you're a graceful and nice person. It has been my pleasure to meet you.

Old 17-03-2004, 12:23 AM
gurdjieff 0f gormorrah

Shez wrote in message
In article , gurdjieff 0f gormorrah
iiiiii@iiiii.? writes

Shez wrote in message
In article , Feeling
Froggie writes
Shez wrote in message

.
com...
In article , gurdjieff 0f

gormorrah
iiiiii@iiiii.? writes

Old 17-03-2004, 12:47 AM
NightMist

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:19:26 -0600, "gurdjieff 0f gormorrah"
iiiiii@iiiii wrote:

wbarwell wrote in message
m...
Feeling Froggie wrote:

"gurdjieff 0f gormorrah" iiiiii@iiiii wrote in

message piranha.. Just be sure to raise your draw-bridge immediately

after
leaving your garden.

I think we need your expertise. I've always wanted a moat.

Froggie

You need some squirrel hunting cats.

fact: cats hate water. a moat will also deter
cats as well as the bushy tailed rodents

Ah! but if you put in a dry moat (which is much more maintenance
friendly) you could fill it with cats.

My own aesthetic tastes would dictate that it be filled with komodo
dragons. Difficult to import, but self cleaning and a deterent to
unwelcome guests. If you didn't get enough unwelcome guests, it would
run you broke in goats though.

NightMist
--
"It's such a gamble when you get a face"
- Richard Hell

Old 17-03-2004, 04:03 AM
Feeling Froggie

Shez wrote in message
In article , gurdjieff 0f gormorrah
iiiiii@iiiii.? writes

Shez wrote in message
In article , Feeling
Froggie writes
Shez wrote in message

.
com...
In article , gurdjieff 0f

gormorrah
iiiiii@iiiii.? writes

"Phoenix" wrote in message

[...]

You're both great. I think I remember Shez kicking the soc.men asses
with us a while back, too. heheh