Old 30-09-2004, 03:05 AM
cal

Default Vitex Trees

We live in Florence, Tx. In August we purchased about 30 vitex trees
from lowes and planted them as a hedge along the front of the road.
The leaves on all the plants are spotting, turning yellow and curling.
This appears not only on the old leaves but the new leaves also
coming out. We did put in an irrigation system but we don't know if
we've over watered, under watered or there's something else going on.
Has anyone else had this experience.
Old 30-09-2004, 03:10 AM
Gary Brady

My chaste trees are all doing the same thing right now. Some have drip
irrigation and others don't. I don't worry about it, but unlike yours, mine
have been in the ground a number of years. I think this happens every year.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

m...

Old 30-09-2004, 03:47 AM
Cindy

Gary Brady wrote:
My chaste trees are all doing the same thing right now. Some have
drip irrigation and others don't. I don't worry about it, but unlike
yours, mine have been in the ground a number of years. I think this
happens every year.

"cal" wrote in message
m...
We live in Florence, Tx. In August we purchased about 30 vitex trees
from lowes and planted them as a hedge along the front of the road.
The leaves on all the plants are spotting, turning yellow and
curling. This appears not only on the old leaves but the new leaves
also coming out. We did put in an irrigation system but we don't
know if we've over watered, under watered or there's something else
going on. Has anyone else had this experience.

I only have one, but it's been in the ground several years and it's doing
the same thing. Must need a rest from the heat.

Cindy

Old 03-10-2004, 02:36 AM
cal

Hey, thanks for responding. It does make me feel better that you say
yours do this every year. Guess we'll wait and see what happens.

"Gary Brady" wrote in message ink.net...
My chaste trees are all doing the same thing right now. Some have drip
irrigation and others don't. I don't worry about it, but unlike yours, mine
have been in the ground a number of years. I think this happens every year.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

m...

Old 03-10-2004, 02:38 AM
cal

Thanks for getting back with me. It does make me feel better that
ours are not the only ones having problems. Guess we'll wait and see
what happens.

"Cindy" wrote in message ...
Gary Brady wrote:
My chaste trees are all doing the same thing right now. Some have
drip irrigation and others don't. I don't worry about it, but unlike
yours, mine have been in the ground a number of years. I think this
happens every year.

m...

Old 13-11-2004, 10:54 PM
Steve Landavazo

Here's some additional info. up for Vitex Trees-agnus castus...Hope this
helps... Hardiness Zones: 7-9
Habit: Deciduous
Growth Rate: Moderate
Site Requirements: Sun; range of soil types
Textu Medium
Form: Rounded; open; shrubby
Height: 15 to 20'
Width: 10 to 15'
Leaf: Opposite, palmately compound leaves
Flower/Fruit: Pink, purple, white flowers all summer; fragrant
Comments: Can be grown as a shrub
Cultivars: --

--
Steve Landavazo
www.AugersFORLESS.com

"cal" wrote in message
m...
We live in Florence, Tx. In August we purchased about 30 vitex trees
from lowes and planted them as a hedge along the front of the road.
The leaves on all the plants are spotting, turning yellow and curling.
This appears not only on the old leaves but the new leaves also
coming out. We did put in an irrigation system but we don't know if
we've over watered, under watered or there's something else going on.
Has anyone else had this experience.

Attached Images

Vitex agnus-castus - fragrant? Jeff Layman[_2_] United Kingdom 9 15-10-2014 04:47 PM
Vitex Kate Morgan United Kingdom 11 08-10-2006 11:40 PM
Texas Lilac "vitex" tree? John Texas 6 09-08-2005 10:50 PM
Chaste Tree (vitex agnus-castus) Scott Harper Texas 10 02-08-2004 02:04 PM
Vitex (was: Source for Viburnum rufidulum) Mike Prager Gardening 5 05-05-2004 04:02 PM