Old 15-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Ignoramus12481

Default Growing poppies legal?

Now that we have a nice garden and orchard, one plant I am thinking
abou tplanting is poppies, because they are cute. Is it legal?

char*p="char*p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}"; main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."
Old 15-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Brigitte J.

"Ignoramus12481" wrote in message
Now that we have a nice garden and orchard, one plant I am thinking
abou tplanting is poppies, because they are cute. Is it legal?

I can't imagine it being illegal. It is the state flower for California.

Brigitte

Old 15-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Roy

On Sat, 15 May 2004 12:23:51 GMT, "Brigitte J."
wrote:

===
==="Ignoramus12481" wrote in message
=== Now that we have a nice garden and orchard, one plant I am thinking
=== abou tplanting is poppies, because they are cute. Is it legal?
===
===I can't imagine it being illegal. It is the state flower for California.
===
===Brigitte
===

I have always been told its a certain species of Poppy that is used to
produce the drugs, that in general it would be hard or impossible to
do with the variety found in most countries. Any truth in that?
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 15-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Brian

The consensus of opinions recently expressed was that it depends on your
purpose and use. If wanted as garden flowers then OK but for nefarious
reasons it would be illegal.
Do not bleed the fruits!!
Best Wishes Brian. 'flayb' to respond.

Old 15-05-2004, 03:03 PM
escapee

On 15 May 2004 12:21:01 GMT, Ignoramus12481
opined:

Now that we have a nice garden and orchard, one plant I am thinking
abou tplanting is poppies, because they are cute. Is it legal?

Don't ask people here, we are all filled with misinformation.

Old 15-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Cereus-validus

Why do you ask?

Are you intending to grow opium poppies and go into the heroin trade?

Which poppies is it of which you inquire?

Old 15-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Ignoramus12481

I know that in Russia, drug addicts make soup out of poppies. Very
bitter, but supposedly gives a high.

Old 15-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Ignoramus12481

In article , Cereus-validus wrote:
Why do you ask?

do not want to go to prison

Are you intending to grow opium poppies and go into the heroin trade?

not really, i have not ever taken any recreational drugs

Which poppies is it of which you inquire?

I have some poppy seeds in my pantry, I do not even know if they are
still alive. I put some on a wet paper towel, will see if they are
dead or not.

Old 15-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Brigitte J.

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
. ..
The California poppy is not a true poppy, you stoner, but it is in the

same
family.

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but stoner was never one of
them.

Brigitte

Old 15-05-2004, 05:03 PM
paghat

In article , "Brigitte J."
wrote:

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
. ..
The California poppy is not a true poppy, you stoner.

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but stoner was never one of
them.

Brigitte

I think he meant to say "rock hound."

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 15-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Brigitte J.

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , "Brigitte J."
wrote:

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
. ..
The California poppy is not a true poppy, you stoner.

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but stoner was never one of
them.

Brigitte

I think he meant to say "rock hound."

-paghat the ratgirl

What is a rock hound?

Old 15-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Winston §mith

wrote:

Now that we have a nice garden and orchard, one plant I am thinking
abou tplanting is poppies, because they are cute. Is it legal?

Many species, only a few make drugs.

Remember they put poppy seeds on bread rolls. Obviously legal.

If meat isn't available, seeds are one of the four sources of
complementry protein (grain, legume, seeds & nuts, dairy. You might
grow the kind used in baking if you think they are pretty enough.

--
W§ mostly in m.s - http://members.1stconnect.com/anozira
Old 15-05-2004, 06:03 PM
H Hornblower

wrote:

Now that we have a nice garden and orchard, one plant I am thinking
abou tplanting is poppies, because they are cute. Is it legal?

I have seen seed catalogs where seeds for opium type poppies were
marked banned for sale in US. Later I saw a listing on ebay for opium
poppy seeds which the seller claimed were US legal.
Old 15-05-2004, 06:03 PM
paghat

In article , "Brigitte J."
wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , "Brigitte J."
wrote:

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
. ..
The California poppy is not a true poppy, you stoner.

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but stoner was never one of
them.

Brigitte

I think he meant to say "rock hound."

-paghat the ratgirl

What is a rock hound?

Someone who loves rocks. I've got 'em all over the garden -- huge hunks of
petrified wood, jasper, black jade, regular ol' rocks with interesting
shapes, flagstones, ooo, rocks!

-paggers

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"