Old 13-06-2004, 11:03 PM
D.M.

Default Miniature Poppies

Hi,

I was at the local herb farm the other day and noticed that the woman had
some miniature red poppies among her garden.
I asked where I could get some of these seeds and she told me that she got
them in Scotland. She was rather busy so I didn't get a chance to inquire
any further.
I have been searching the web but not having much luck.
Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Old 14-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Cereus-validus

Scotland is just north of England.

Where in Scotland? Edinburgh Botanical Garden or somewhere else?

Other than that, you have the rest of your life to wonder about the one that
got away. Maybe some day you will bump into her again and she will give you
the rest of the story or maybe not.

Old 14-06-2004, 02:04 AM
paghat

In article , "D.M." wrote:

Hi,

I was at the local herb farm the other day and noticed that the woman had
some miniature red poppies among her garden.
I asked where I could get some of these seeds and she told me that she got
them in Scotland. She was rather busy so I didn't get a chance to inquire
any further.
I have been searching the web but not having much luck.
Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!

There are a few scarlet cultivars of the California poppy, Eschscholzia
californica "Red," "Inferno," & "Scarlet Magic" are examples. Icelandic
poppies, already quite small, have dwarf strains that come in many colors,
usually oranges & yellows, but there is a bright red one rarely offered,
Papaver alpinum subspecies dubium. But really, there are so many tiny
specie-poppies, I doubt you'll find them without better hints. You could
sneak back when the flowers have turned to seedpods & whine & beg for one
seed pod.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 15-06-2004, 05:03 AM
D.M.

Indeed I could...
Many thanks!!

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , "D.M."
wrote:

[...]

[IMG] code is On

Yellow & Orange Poppies Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 04-04-2009 12:47 AM
Californian Poppies JennyC United Kingdom 2 12-10-2003 05:42 PM
Blue Poppies & Moss Nancy Gardening 0 04-05-2003 05:08 PM
good companion for poppies? Penny S. Gardening 5 10-04-2003 04:08 AM
Poppies from Seed Newbie Gardener United Kingdom 17 08-03-2003 04:44 AM