Old 23-06-2004, 06:07 PM
madgardener

Default My posting the picture of Rose on the newsgroup

I wanted to apologize for posting the picture of Rose on the garden
newsgroup this morning. My grief was and still is so overwhelming that I
didn't think. My sincere apologies for doing that. I should have put it over
on the alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
madgardener too sad to cry anymore

Old 23-06-2004, 10:03 PM
escapee

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:48:14 -0400, "madgardener" opined:

I wanted to apologize for posting the picture of Rose on the garden
newsgroup this morning. My grief was and still is so overwhelming that I
didn't think. My sincere apologies for doing that. I should have put it over
on the alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
madgardener too sad to cry anymore

Anyone who said anything to you about posting it here should **** off. I mean
that. Just **** off.

I love you and I don't give a flying shit if you posted a photo here, of Rose.
What the hell is wrong with people...gee wiz.

Victoria

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?
Old 23-06-2004, 10:06 PM
madgardener

damn I love you. yer the bees knees woman. (((huge hug)))
maddie whose eyes are now dry and raw and there's a lump in my heart.
(that's Rose, making sure her place with me is permanent)

Old 24-06-2004, 02:06 PM
escapee

I completely understand, as does several others here. We love our furries like
we love ourselves and when they leave, it is the hardest thing in the world.
The whole part of them who we love no longer exists. What do we do with that
love? It's not the same to heap it on another. Of course we love the others,
but the one who is gone is irreplaceable. That's why we bought a parrot. No
more short lives. She should live for another 50 years or so, and I plan on
living it with her. Chin up, eat a pint of Hagan Daz and cry yer eyes out for a
few weeks. It does get better and you settle into the place where you can be
comfortable once again.

I am deeply sorry for the loss of Rose. Really sorry about it. I dedicate all
my merit to her that she find a human birth. She's *right* there!

love,
Victoria

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:00:39 -0400, "madgardener" opined:

damn I love you. yer the bees knees woman. (((huge hug)))
maddie whose eyes are now dry and raw and there's a lump in my heart.
(that's Rose, making sure her place with me is permanent)

.. .

Old 25-06-2004, 07:04 PM

here are the pictures of Rose. http://puregold.aquaria.net/mad/sweetrose.htm

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 25-06-2004, 08:02 PM
escapee

1. Heart
2. Torn out.

Thank you for doing this for Maddie. What a beautiful tribute.

Victoria

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:41:36 GMT, opined:

here are the pictures of Rose.
http://puregold.aquaria.net/mad/sweetrose.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Old 26-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Ann

expounded:

here are the pictures of Rose.
http://puregold.aquaria.net/mad/sweetrose.htm

What a thoughtful, wonderful, loving thing to do, giving webspace for
this tribute. Thank you.

I met Rose this spring. She was a wonderful dog. I've just buried
my Molly Dohawg Babydoll, just a month ago. It's so sad that they
don't last as long as we do (

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 26-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Vox Humana

"Ann" wrote in message
expounded:

here are the pictures of Rose.

http://puregold.aquaria.net/mad/sweetrose.htm

What a thoughtful, wonderful, loving thing to do, giving webspace for
this tribute. Thank you.

I met Rose this spring. She was a wonderful dog. I've just buried
my Molly Dohawg Babydoll, just a month ago. It's so sad that they
don't last as long as we do (

Make me wonder how people can be abusive or simply get rid of a dog because
it doesn't fit their lifestyle.

Old 26-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Marcy Hege

What can I say other than I'm sorry about Rose. For those of us who have loved
and lost our best buddies, we remember all those happy times but still strikes
that hollow, empty part of our hearts. I've always had at least one dog and one
cat in my life, every since I was a toddler. My 90-lb. weirmaraner, Hunter, is
the biggest lovable baby but he can scare the pants of anyone who "doesn't
belong."

Sorry for your loss.

Marcy

Old 26-06-2004, 08:04 AM

"Vox Humana" wrote:
Make me wonder how people can be abusive or simply get rid of a dog because
it doesn't fit their lifestyle.

well... Tonight Harry our 1+ year old springer and Sims my 7+ year old Pap got into a
fight and we had to take Sims to emergency to make sure none of the wounds needed
stitches (none did). This is the second time Harry has nailed Sims and on the way
home we decided Harry needs a new home as the next time we are unlikely to get this
lucky. Sims is undoubtedly "in your face" but the fact is, he was here first and big
dogs are always wrong just because of size.

I have never given up on any dog before, but I have lost both of my lil'ol' ladies
Foxy and Mitzie in the last 6 months and I couldnt stand to lose my darling Sims. I
have given up on the idea that we can have big dogs and little dogs. I have been
vigilant, but I got a DH who has no imagination for disaster.

Example: My DH opened all 3 doors so he could take Charlie our 16+ year old springer
out (he needs to be assisted out using a back end sling) and out the door went our
parakeet Whisky. His response to Whisky going out the door on Wednesday evening (I
was gone for the night) was to go get another parakeet the next morning. I ran off
50 "wanted" poster for the snot and we posted them all over the neighborhood last
weekend. So after sitting at the emergency from 9-12, I came home to find two
messages on the answering machine one saying Whisky is hanging out with a gang of
pigeons, the other he is hanging out with sparrows. So some good news. Maybe we can
get him back. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 26-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from contains these words:

"Vox Humana" wrote:
Make me wonder how people can be abusive or simply get rid of a dog because
it doesn't fit their lifestyle.

well... Tonight Harry our 1+ year old springer and Sims my 7+ year old
Pap got into a
fight and we had to take Sims to emergency to make sure none of the
wounds needed
stitches (none did). This is the second time Harry has nailed Sims
and on the way
home we decided Harry needs a new home as the next time we are
unlikely to get this
lucky. Sims is undoubtedly "in your face" but the fact is, he was
here first and big
dogs are always wrong just because of size.

We had that problem, when a normally goodnatured male youngster pup
reached puberty and adult-size/strength, and twice attacked our smaller,
weaker older male with serious intent. There's another solution.

Dogs are pack animals, so have a social pecking order. When a male pup
moves into a household he accepts his role as lowest-status dog, and
accepts an older male as his superior. At one year old Harry is maturing
sexually and male hormones cause him to challenge the status quo, and
try to establish himself as top male. Have the young dog castrated, and
the dominance-assertion behaviour will fade away as his testosterone
level drops. The older, entire dog will retain his top-dog status
unchallenged, even though he's smaller, and peace will result.

That was the advice our vet gave us in the same situation, and it
worked. The aggressive dominance by the young dog stopped. He did not
become fat, lethargic or dull..those are old wives tales.. and remained
boundingly healthy, athletic, energetic, and a wonderful companion until
he died of old age at 16.

Janet.

Old 26-06-2004, 03:11 PM
escapee

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:11:30 GMT, "Vox Humana" opined:

"Ann" wrote in message
.. .
expounded:

here are the pictures of Rose.

http://puregold.aquaria.net/mad/sweetrose.htm

What a thoughtful, wonderful, loving thing to do, giving webspace for
this tribute. Thank you.

I met Rose this spring. She was a wonderful dog. I've just buried
my Molly Dohawg Babydoll, just a month ago. It's so sad that they
don't last as long as we do (

Make me wonder how people can be abusive or simply get rid of a dog because
it doesn't fit their lifestyle.

Because most people are assholes?

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?
Old 26-06-2004, 03:14 PM

The two smaller dogs are both neutered already. We had planned on neutering, but I
really cant take a chance on another attack.
Contrary to what is being said by vets, castration most certainly can result in a dog
becoming fat ... if they are springers and on the free food system. our older
springer was always skinny and we had him neutered when he started to have prostate
problems. within a couple months he went from 45 to 75 lbs. I had to stop the free
feeding and cut way back on his food to bring him back down to a healthy weight.
It is extremely easy to get a dogs weight down when humans control what is in their
food dish of course. Ingrid

Janet Baraclough wrote:
[...]

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 26-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Vox Humana

wrote in message
"Vox Humana" wrote:
[...]

It think there is a difference between dumping a dog (often in a rural area
or at a high kill shelter) because you got new carpeting and finding a new
home for a dog that is dog aggressive. We have a situation where our male
has displaced aggression. When some other dogs (not all) are allowed to
come onto our property by careless owners, our dogs will naturally get
agitated. The male will bite the female if she remains too close. That is
the only time there is a problem. I try to keep them separated but the
minute that I leave them together on the porch to answer the phone or for
some other brief chore, inevitably there is problem. It only lasts a
second. Good luck with getting the bird back.

[IMG] code is On

My first picture posting. Mike Derby[_2_] Garden Photos 3 25-06-2008 05:22 AM
Posting wrongfully in HTML instead of plain text and posting JPG's madgardener Gardening 26 24-03-2005 11:59 AM
Top Posting; Snop Posting: STOP POSTING! chagoi Ponds 8 17-11-2004 03:08 PM
find picture of blue rose F.Yip Roses 2 05-05-2003 02:44 PM
Feb. edition of "The Pond Newsletter" --posting on Tuesday! Justin Ponds 15 20-02-2003 02:15 AM