Old 23-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Doug Kanter

Default wowowo

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Lady Blacksword" wrote in message
Whoa..........Excuse me here, but what in the hell does this discussion

have
to do with gardening??!!

New to Usenet? Feel compelled to read every single post? Need a

newsreader
that can mark and delete off-topic posts? Don't know how to use a

killfile.
I sure someone can help.

Ms. Blacksword is using Outlook Express. It's simple enough for her to NOT
expand message threads, and NOT look at what she doesn't want to read.
Therefore, she has chosen to complain, just for sport.

Old 23-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Vox Humana

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Lady Blacksword" wrote in message
Whoa..........Excuse me here, but what in the hell does this

discussion
have
to do with gardening??!!

New to Usenet? Feel compelled to read every single post? Need a

newsreader
that can mark and delete off-topic posts? Don't know how to use a

killfile.
I sure someone can help.

Ms. Blacksword is using Outlook Express. It's simple enough for her to NOT
expand message threads, and NOT look at what she doesn't want to read.
Therefore, she has chosen to complain, just for sport.

Exactly. I probably only read half the topics posted on any newsgroup, but
I don't feel compelled to bully people about stuff that doesn't interest me.

Old 23-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Doug Kanter

.. .

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

[...]

Let's give her a hint: On the OE menu, click Tools, Options, Read. 3rd
option down: Automatically Expand Grouped Messages. Make sure it is NOT
checked.

Old 23-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Vox Humana

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

.. .

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

[...]

Another hint is to touch the eyeglass icon in column next to the subject
line. It will cycle from watch to ignore. You can mark threads you want to
ignore . You can then go to the "view" tab on the tool bar and select the
option under "current view" that hides read and ignored messages. Voila!
No more troublesome messages.

Old 23-07-2004, 04:55 PM
Doug Kanter

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
.. .

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

.. .

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

[...]

Heaven forbid she should read the help files. Everyone knows they cause
cancer.

Old 27-07-2004, 03:20 AM
Barfin' Bob

Tom Jaszewski wrote:

Even a dolt will realize a gardening newsgroup is the BEST place to
point out the many Bush failures at protecting our environment and
gardens!

Has that Las Vegas sun fried your brain?

Old 27-07-2004, 05:23 AM
escapee

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:47:15 GMT, "Vox Humana" opined:

This is an important issue. I don't think that Bush truly is retarded. He
may be average or slightly above average. He seems to have some verbal
problems that make him appear to be more stupid than he probably is.
However, the stupidity is appealing to his supporters. They don't feel
threatened by complexities that require thinking or that might lead to an
ambiguous conclusion. The neo-cons are all about emotion. If you listen to
any of the talkers like Hannity and Limbaugh they constantly appeal to
emotions. This is bad, that is good. This is God's way, that is the
devil's way. There is a lot of feel-good flag waiving. Groups are
scapegoated, leading to polarization. Our foreign policy reflects the
good-evil model. One the other hand, liberals are seen as unexciting and
too intellectual. They talk about data points and nuance. Nothing is
completely bad or completely good. Liberal allow for data to be considered
in context and for that context to change. Change leads to an evolution in
opinion (AKA - "flip-flopping.") This is all too much for people who want
the black and white version of things to be handed to them in a pre-digested
form. Sadly, we have become a nation of people who vote based on whether a
candidate looks "French" (what ever the hell that means) or if they have
good hair (but not TOO good.) Intellect scares people. Universities are
evil black boxes that turn out bad people (except for the people who develop
weapon systems.)

Truly, this is the best post I've seen in this newsgroup lately. I also don't
think Bush is retarded, but I do absolutely believe he has just enough
"dumbdown" to appeal to the toothless. Unfortunately, there are many toothless
in the U.S.

Old 27-07-2004, 05:23 AM
Lady Blacksword

Whoa..........Excuse me here, but what in the hell does this discussion have
to do with gardening??!!
Unless you people are trying to develop a verbal fertilizer...........
Now, I don't know about you people, but my list of newsgroups shows plenty
of political NGs.
Why must this migrate here?

You may now, of course, act like children, and ream me for butting in.
Murri

Old 27-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Jean B.

escapee wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:34:12 -0400, "Jean B." opined:
I want it released on video/DVD well before the elections. It is
simplistic, and somewhat odd, but still worth seeing.

Simplistic and odd in what way? Will you cite the specifics, please.

It will be released in September or October, well before the election.

Well, some things I thought were odd:

Bush clowning around before the camera (officially) rolled to make
him look stupid.

Juxtaposition between Bush's golfing and answering some serious
question. So, was he cornered on the golf course?

The implication that Bush should not be vacationing. (I don't
know what is the norm for presidents, but I do think they need
time off, maybe even moreso when they are dealing [?!] with
stressful situations.

Bush's initial reaction when told about the Twin Tower(s). Now,
initially I thought that was perhaps not too bad, given that he
was with those young kids. What was he supposed to do? Jump up
screaming and panic them all? I dunno know about that though.
Seemed laggier than I thought previously.

That being said, I do hope EVERYONE sees this movie, and I am glad
that it will be released ere the election. I will certainly buy it.

Note: I detest Bush and would sooner vote for a barnyard animal!
--
Jean B.