Old 14-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Vox Humana

Default wowowo

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Warren" wrote in message
news:xtWIc.64114$JR4.39904@attbi_s54...
wrote:
http://www.rense.com/general54/postponed.htm

Well, in the name of security, we've lost so many of our rights already,
what's the big deal about loosing our right to elect our own leaders?

Maybe I slept a little too much through history class, but this seems to
be exactly the kind of power-play that the Second Amendment was written
to prevent. I wonder what the NRA thinks about this?

We're at a crossroads. Do we want to be a free country, or do we want to
live in a dictatorship where our rights can be taken away by leaders who
installed themselves for live? So far, that's the way we're headed
without any kind of fight. For the past two and a half years, anyone who
dared to even raise a question was labeled "unpatriotic" at best, and
"treasonous" at worst.

The fact that the current administration even has the guts to say this
out loud demonstrates just how far we've gone from being the Land of the
Free.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Get Black and Decker Landscaping Tools He
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html

Buy guns. Lots of guns. Do it now.

I don't think guns will help much. Look at Iraq. It is has one of the most
heavily armed populations on earth - probably much more firepower per capita
than in the US. Never the less, we rolled through that country with our air
force, marines, and army and crushed them in a few days. When you are
fighting mad men with cruise missiles, a shotgun won't make much difference.

Whether you agree with the gay marriage issue or not, I think people should
take note that our president is willing to use the government to suppress a
group that he disagrees with from a religious standpoint. He is willing to
change the Constitution to prop-up his base and garner votes. What group is
next? How far will these people go? I'm not anti-conservative or
anti-Republican. I am anti-fanatic. Bush is a fanatic.

Old 14-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Doug Kanter

wrote:
[...]

Your point about Iraq is well taken, but here, the odds are high that the
army would be told to spare the buildings, since a fairly large percentage
of the biggest ones are owned by Republicans. I think small arms would be
the tools of choice for the coup d'etat.

Old 14-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Mary

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

church and state. What worries me is the blatant disregard for anything
scientific. We have elected a mad man and people like it.

Should anyone wonder why Bush will probably CONTINUE the assault weapon
ban?

What are you a gun nut? No one should be allowed to have an assault weapon,
period!

Old 14-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Mary

"Bob Chipeska" wrote in message
wrote in message
http://www.rense.com/general54/postponed.htm

Ah yes, Jeff Rense, the conspiracy creep who tirelessly shills for
neo-Nazi
wannabe, Holocaust-denier and all around white supremacist Ernst Zundel.
Look on Rense's homepage, http://www.rense.com. Enjoy his fawning over
Zundel, and marvel at Rense's paranoid diatribes about "zionists" and the
evil ADL. When you're finished, see what the ADL has to say about Rense's
buddy:

http://www.adl.org/learn/Ext_US/zund...=2&item=zundel

Why would anyone cite Jeff Rense as a credible source for ANYTHING?

Because they are willing to believe anything negative about Bush and
company.

While I don't care for Bush, I really don't like Rense and his ilk!

..

Old 14-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Brigitte J.

wrote in message
http://www.rense.com/general54/postponed.htm

I have a better idea. Let's hold the elections early! Next Tuesday works
for me. It would save everyone from having to watch all their campaign
crap.

Brigitte

Old 14-07-2004, 02:02 PM
escapee

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:51:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
opined:

Your point about Iraq is well taken, but here, the odds are high that the
army would be told to spare the buildings, since a fairly large percentage
of the biggest ones are owned by Republicans. I think small arms would be
the tools of choice for the coup d'etat.

Our neighbor is a police officer and he told us to buy a shotgun and a 38. I am
extremely squeamish about buying any of these things. I am so tired of this
administration feeding us a line of bullshit and putting us (not me or anyone
with both sides of the brain) in this fear mode, continuously. They tell us
there will definitely be a terrorist attack, they don't know where or when, and
they won't raise the "color" on the "alert" chart. I mean, what are we, idiots?
Now they may postpone the election? I used to love our country. I suppose I
still do. I love the geography, topography, parks, highways, etc. I strongly
dislike this administration. Not a redeeming lot in the bunch.

Victoria

Old 14-07-2004, 02:02 PM
escapee

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:53:37 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
opined:

That formula worked nicely for the Grateful Dead. It puts a lot of faith in
the willingness of people to support something they appreciate, even if
they're not required to.

Um, huh? How do you explain the attendance at other jam band concerts? This
was not a calculated formula. Not everything is sneaky. Michael Moore really
does not want to see our country go to hell and since he is already wealthy WAY
beyond anything he could have imagined, he doesn't care if people see the film
free. He was prepared, when Disney backed out of distribution, to put it online
for all to see, not making a red cent.

Old 14-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Doug Kanter

newsM1Jc.85479$XM6.7968@attbi_s53...

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

church and state. What worries me is the blatant disregard for

anything
scientific. We have elected a mad man and people like it.

Should anyone wonder why Bush will probably CONTINUE the assault weapon
ban?

What are you a gun nut? No one should be allowed to have an assault

weapon,
period!

No, not a gun nut. I just read between the lines. First of all, there's no
such thing as an assault weapon, but never mind that. The guns we like to
call assault weapons are scary looking to the uninformed, but they are
nothing but red herrings - distractions for political purposes. No different
than the gay marriage issue. My point is that if elections were openly
fiddled with for any reason, Bush's sitters will be anxious to round up ALL
guns. Bush himself will be on TV, reading what he's told to.

Old 14-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Doug Kanter

"escapee" wrote in message
[...]

How did you interpret what I said as negative, or think I was implying
sneakiness on the part of the Dead, or Moore? The Dead welcomed fans with
tape recorders at their concerts. They made it abundantly clear in
interviews that there was no way recordings (professional or amateur) could
duplicate the remarkable sound they created in concert, and expressed faith
in the idea that fans would reward the band's generosity by continuing to
attend concerts. They were right.

On a smaller scale, Moore is doing the same thing. The news here (Rochester
NY) mentioned yesterday that theatres are still 1/2 to 3/4 full for the
movie, which is quite unusual 2-3 weeks after a release. I don't know if
it's easy to find the downloads, but even if it is, it hasn't affected
attendance much.

Old 14-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Doug Kanter

"escapee" wrote in message
[...]

Buy weapons to use against which terrorists? The young, male Middle Eastern
guys, or Bush's crew, when he finally loses his mind and steps over the
line?

By the way, a .38 would be a mistake. As your cop friend what he carries on
duty. You want something closer to that. And, find a gun club & take a
safety course. Many clubs have informal pistol shooting nights for
"civilians". There are quite a few women involved, too. At mine, I have yet
to run into the "gun culture", as depicted by the Brady bunch. No guys who
wear camo every time they go out for a loaf of bread. :-) These nights are
billed as "matches" for points, but in fact, much time is spent helping each
other overcome shooting mistakes, and fine-tune safety habits.

Old 14-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Doug Kanter

"Brigitte J." wrote in message
news

wrote in message
http://www.rense.com/general54/postponed.htm

I have a better idea. Let's hold the elections early! Next Tuesday works
for me. It would save everyone from having to watch all their campaign
crap.

Brigitte

I want to write in Bill Cosby. On that "kids say the darndest things" show,
he used to give kids a certain look when they said something outrageous.
Used on adults, that look could work wonders.

Senator: This legislation provides more money for protecting our national
parks, and it also has a rider which grants virtually unlimited logging
rights to 3 cousins of the senator from Montana. They just got out of prison
for dumping drums of benzene into a river.

Cosby: the look

Old 14-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Vox Humana

"Brigitte J." wrote in message
news

wrote in message
http://www.rense.com/general54/postponed.htm

I have a better idea. Let's hold the elections early! Next Tuesday works
for me. It would save everyone from having to watch all their campaign
crap.

I'll second that. We can give Bush the credit for the idea by saying we
want the same thing for this country as he give Iraq with the surprise early
turn over of "power."

Old 14-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Vox Humana

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Brigitte J." wrote in message
news

wrote in message
http://www.rense.com/general54/postponed.htm

I have a better idea. Let's hold the elections early! Next Tuesday

works
for me. It would save everyone from having to watch all their campaign
crap.

Brigitte

I want to write in Bill Cosby. On that "kids say the darndest things"

show,
he used to give kids a certain look when they said something outrageous.
Used on adults, that look could work wonders.

Senator: This legislation provides more money for protecting our national
parks, and it also has a rider which grants virtually unlimited logging
rights to 3 cousins of the senator from Montana. They just got out of

prison
for dumping drums of benzene into a river.

Cosby: the look

Which is more powerful: Dick Cheney's "family values" language or Cosby's
"look?"

Old 14-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Doug Kanter

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
.. .

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Brigitte J." wrote in message
news

wrote in message
[...]

Cosby, for sure. Could be one of this nation's most awesome weapons.