Old 14-08-2004, 07:52 PM
hedding

Default Plant database

I was wondering if there is a plant database somewhere to download. I
have a great little proggie for plants but no information, only whatever I
would type in. This program permits me to import other databases.

Thanks
Old 14-08-2004, 08:15 PM
TOM KAN PA

Here's a good one:

http://davesgarden.com/

Old 15-08-2004, 09:07 PM
hedding

Thank you for the site, I never knew of daves garden, unfortunately, I
meant a database to download into my own data base program. I use
PrimaSoft PC garden deluxe but there are only 3 plants in its database.

On 14 Aug 2004 19:15:32 GMT, TOM KAN PA wrote:

Here's a good one:

http://davesgarden.com/

Old 20-08-2004, 05:25 AM
Peter Jason

Have you thought of using a database designed for photos such as the
Microsoft "Digital Image Pro 9" and the one made by Abode.

I use the Microsoft one which is very useful if you have many photos,
because you can assign keywords such as "monocots" "female" "fern" etc etc.
to each photo and then recall any group you like.

You can add text too if required.

I have catalogued about 2000 family photos with this system, and because of
the keyword facility I can recall any photo with a particular keyworded
person or date or place etc.

It should work fine for pictures of plants with descriptions.

newspscsh5zaixic1ff@windy...

Old 21-08-2004, 01:21 AM
Lee

"Peter Jason" wrote in message ...
Have you thought of using a database designed for photos such as the
Microsoft "Digital Image Pro 9" and the one made by Abode.

I use the Microsoft one which is very useful if you have many photos,
because you can assign keywords such as "monocots" "female" "fern" etc etc.
to each photo and then recall any group you like.

You can add text too if required.

I have catalogued about 2000 family photos with this system, and because of
the keyword facility I can recall any photo with a particular keyworded
person or date or place etc.

It should work fine for pictures of plants with descriptions.

interesting idea. lots of interesting ideas here. I use my genealogy
program, AncestoralQuest as it has tremendous space in its notes files
for each subject, indexes by alpha or rec number, the notes files can
be searched for any word,from a global search, and has scrapbook that
can handle pics or multmedia. This way i can put in the notes file for
each subject any coding i want and retrieve all files with that
coding, like perenniel or height: 36" or evergreen or shady or what
ever. Admittedly there are a lot of fields that i don't use but i'm
not hurting for space yet for that to make any differences. also i
have other types of information in it like herbal formulas, health
issues, remedies, and can link some families together if i choose.
Actually this was about all that was available back when i first
started my collections. First one i had was a really neat one i
programmed with DBase III but had a radio shack computer and when it
went.....all...everything i had... went with it includiing DBASE III.
I got too old to go through that again G so this works for me. I
have 4 computers and have two of them linked and my important (to me)
data mirrored on the guest computer. fixing to network the other
computer and use them for backup as i am really paranoid about backing
up!. the old 3.11 has old info and still works well (a friend and I
built it long time ago.. when 3.11 was the thing... but not enough
space for all my genealogy and plant info. Need to rebuild and update
itG
leo