Old 16-01-2007, 10:23 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Question about lawn tractor tires

Son-of-Stubby said:

I am sure everyone is impressed with your wisdom and elegance in expressing
yourself -

And, I'm sure everyone's amused by your apparent lack of learning
capabilities. I offered help, via a link to an update that will fix OE, but
you're obviously too much of a shit-for-brains to understand how The USENET
works, or to actually fix your poor choice for a newsreader.

You've also provided no useful information to anyone here. Your idea of
helping and answering questions is to direct users to other places. As I
asked before, if you don't think this group is good enough to provide
people with useful advice, and answers to their questions, why are *you*
even bothering posting?

and still only a sophomore in HS.

I suppose that would make you a first-grader.

Thanks

You're quite welcome. Too bad you can't remove your blinders, and correct
the things you're ****ing up so badly. Perhaps you should stick with
web-based forums. I'm sure all the graphical emoticons are right up your
proverbial alley.

--

Eggs

If James Bond was an Amish spy, he would drink buttermilk. Shaken not
churned.
Old 21-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Registered User

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by
My tractor originally came with 15x6.00-6 and 20x10.00-8 tires. Can I
use a different size tire on the original wheel. Say a 15x5.00-6 on
the front for example?
(trying to break through all the "advice" on how to post . . . . .)

If I understand correctly, you are trying to fit a narrower tire onto your rims, for the purpose of "mud=slugging" in the winter. If so, that is a perfectly reasonable thing to do - as long as you don't drive it on your lawn when the grass is soggy!

Normally, the tires on a garden tractor (or even my Massey 100hp tractor that has "low-ground-pressure" wheels and tires for doing "turf work!) have a more "gentle" tread, and are much wider that tires designed for road use, so as to be able to drive over the grass without compacting it.

If you (or any other reader) is trying to save money by using "road" tires - Don't Do It! Proper "turf" tires should be running at a much lower pressure than "road" tires (the tire pressure is approximately the same as the ground pressure applied to the grass - I use 10 psi front, 12 psi rear!)

tractor tires Raleighgirl North Carolina 5 14-02-2005 06:51 PM
Lawn Tractor Tires do$feratu Gardening 7 19-06-2004 03:02 AM
Question about Dixon mower tires [email protected] Lawns 1 18-04-2004 12:03 PM
Damage from Lawn mower tires Tin Man Lawns 0 11-06-2003 01:08 PM
snowblower- tires Tim Lawns 3 11-02-2003 03:55 AM