Old 28-04-2007, 07:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
rb rb is offline

Default liquid lawn fertilizer and sales sources for bulk

What's a good liquid lawn fertilizer I can spray on? Also, I'd like to be
able to buy it in bulk. Sources would be appreciated.

Old 29-04-2007, 12:39 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Why would you want to use a liquid fertilizer on your lawn? Not that it
doesn't work, but it's VERY expensive, compared to a granular, and it
doesn't last as long. This means you have to fertilize even more often,
increasing your cost even more.

We don't even buy fertilizer here for our plants. With all the
chickens/bunnies/geese we have, the compost IS the fertilizer. Nice to get
something back for all the money we spend on their feed :-) Well besides
eggs from the chickens.

Old 29-04-2007, 12:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

rb said:

What's a good liquid lawn fertilizer I can spray on? Also, I'd like to be
able to buy it in bulk. Sources would be appreciated.

Why would you want to use a liquid fertilizer on your lawn? Not that it
doesn't work, but it's VERY expensive, compared to a granular, and it
doesn't last as long. This means you have to fertilize even more often,
increasing your cost even more.

Just curious. =)

--

Eggs

Is it possible to be totally partial?
Old 29-04-2007, 04:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
rb rb is offline

I'm certainly not against using granular. What's a good one I can buy in
bulk?

Old 03-05-2007, 06:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

rb said:

I'm certainly not against using granular. What's a good one I can buy in
bulk?

You've a problem with Scott's?

Sorry, I don't understand the need for "bulk". Are you fertilizing acres of
sod?

--

Eggs

-A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"rb" wrote in
:

What's a good liquid lawn fertilizer I can spray on? Also, I'd like
to be able to buy it in bulk. Sources would be appreciated.

I've use a bunch of fertilizers, but the best, by far that I have found is
Turf Trust. Purple bag. After I established my lawn for 2 years, I just
use this fetilizer 3 times a year, and I have a weed free, healthy lawn. I
think one 25lb bag will treat 10,000 sq yards.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Steve wrote in
. 142:

"rb" wrote in
:

What's a good liquid lawn fertilizer I can spray on? Also, I'd like
to be able to buy it in bulk. Sources would be appreciated.

I've use a bunch of fertilizers, but the best, by far that I have
found is Turf Trust. Purple bag. After I established my lawn for 2
years, I just use this fetilizer 3 times a year, and I have a weed
free, healthy lawn. I think one 25lb bag will treat 10,000 sq yards.

10,000 square feet, not yards... sorry.
Old 18-05-2007, 03:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"rb" wrote in message
What's a good liquid lawn fertilizer I can spray on? Also, I'd like to
be able to buy it in bulk. Sources would be appreciated.

Never use chemicals on your lawn.

Read this.

http://www.naturalgardeneraustin.com...ulk/index.html

I use a product called Dillo Dirt. Completely natural and ph balanced.
You only put it on in the spring and about 1/2 as much in the fall. For a
2000sf yard about 400 lbs. Just sprinkle around with a shovel. I always have
the best looking yard. This way you don't have to worry about poisoning
the ground water and the critters that live in your yard.

Old 18-05-2007, 03:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
rb said:

I'm certainly not against using granular. What's a good one I can buy in
bulk?

You've a problem with Scott's?

Sorry, I don't understand the need for "bulk". Are you fertilizing acres
of
sod?

--

Eggs

-A closed mouth gathers no feet

Scott's sells poisons and could care less that they are poisoning the ground
water and killing our trees.

I know. I remind them from time to time and they have no answers for their
crimes.

Jim

Old 18-05-2007, 03:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"ythread" wrote:
I use a product called Dillo Dirt.

Empty your septic tank onto your lawn.

Old 18-05-2007, 04:35 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steveo" wrote in message
"ythread" wrote:
I use a product called Dillo Dirt.

Empty your septic tank onto your lawn.

I'll tell you what. My yard always looks great. I was skeptical at first too
but that stuff is great soil conditioner. You know what they always say that
the grass always grows greener over the septic tank.

The first time I got it I didn't know what it was. LOL I used to do waste
water management and I was told sludge is the best soil conditioner there is
and they were right.

Old 18-05-2007, 07:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

http://www.naturalgardeneraustin.com..._andmore/bulk/...

I use a product called Dillo Dirt. Completely natural and ph balanced.
You only put it on in the spring and about 1/2 as much in the fall. For a
2000sf yard about 400 lbs. Just sprinkle around with a shovel. I always have
the best looking yard. This way you don't have to worry about poisoning
the ground water and the critters that live in your yard.

Yeah, I've been wondering why I have dead squirrels and deer laying
all over my lawn. Must have been that bag of fertilizer. Must be
real convenient using Dillo Dirt. Only 400lbs for 2000sf? Let's
see, I'd only need a ton of it to do my lawn. I'll go down to the
home center with my car this morning and get some, instead of a 40lb
bag of Scotts.

Old 18-05-2007, 12:46 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

oups.com...
"rb" wrote in message

[...]

Ignorance is bliss

Please read up on fertilizers

Here's a start: http://www.spring-earth.com/faq.html

By the way. For large tracts of land you need a manuer spreader. They come
is all shapes sizes and prices. For large tracts of land it's a must have.

Scott's = Death

Old 18-05-2007, 01:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

oups.com...

"rb" wrote in message

[...]

Who's talking about large tracts of land? I only pointed out that I
can easily apply 40lbs of regular fertilizer to my 10,000 sqft lawn
easily. I do it with a simple broadcast spreader in 15 mins. Now
with your Dildo Dirt, I'd have a ton of material to deal with and no
easy and practical way to apply it.

Scott's = Death-

This is where guys like you lose all credibility. You have no sense
of balance or what is practical. You take everything to the
extreme.

Old 18-05-2007, 02:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"ythread" wrote in message
Ignorance is bliss

steveo must be real blissfull then.

Sources for Leucocoryne, Moraea,Calochortus bulk (Hybrid/Species/cultivars) Levi Mansur Plant Biology 0 02-06-2006 03:32 AM
Liquid Lawn Fertilizer NoPatience Gardening 4 20-07-2004 08:02 AM
Liquid fertilizer Tbumpy Ponds 42 12-07-2003 12:21 AM
Liquid vs granular/solid fertilizer Ho-Kuo Chan Lawns 8 09-05-2003 12:32 AM
Bulk aquatic fertilizer? EJ Ponds 1 08-05-2003 05:32 PM