Old 04-08-2007, 01:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Critters

In today's local paper:
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...NEWS/708040342
Does not make sense that we can trap animals as long as we don't kill or
relocate them. I mentioned in previous post that I trapped skunk and DE
Fish and Wildlife would have nothing to do with it since it was not a
game animal. Foxes are protected species because rich fox hunters want
to chase them and don't want them killed. Three miles from here, in PA,
foxes are treated like vermin. My experience with state bureaucracy is
you usually have to go around them to get things done
Frank
Old 04-08-2007, 01:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 8/4/2007 8:38 AM Frank said the following:
In today's local paper:
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...NEWS/708040342

Does not make sense that we can trap animals as long as we don't kill
or relocate them. I mentioned in previous post that I trapped skunk
and DE Fish and Wildlife would have nothing to do with it since it
was not a game animal. Foxes are protected species because rich fox
hunters want to chase them and don't want them killed. Three miles
from here, in PA, foxes are treated like vermin. My experience with
state bureaucracy is you usually have to go around them to get things
done
Frank

If you live capture all the critters and keep them in your house, the
local SPCA will come and take them away from/for you.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 04-08-2007, 11:23 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

willshak wrote:
on 8/4/2007 8:38 AM Frank said the following:
In today's local paper:
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...NEWS/708040342

Does not make sense that we can trap animals as long as we don't kill
or relocate them. I mentioned in previous post that I trapped skunk
and DE Fish and Wildlife would have nothing to do with it since it
was not a game animal. Foxes are protected species because rich fox
hunters want to chase them and don't want them killed. Three miles
from here, in PA, foxes are treated like vermin. My experience with
state bureaucracy is you usually have to go around them to get things
done
Frank

If you live capture all the critters and keep them in your house, the
local SPCA will come and take them away from/for you.

If you read a previous post, you will know that last critter I caught
was a skunk and her 4 kids would not leave the area. My wife thought
they were really cute but I don't believe she would have invited them in
to live with us.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:12 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Frank wrote:
willshak wrote:
[...]

I knew a couple who's kids caught an kept slunk, more than once. They
were not descented.
I have no idea what possess such folks.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:30 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 8/4/2007 6:23 PM Frank said the following:
willshak wrote:
[...]

Knock, knock! Anyone home???
Yeah Frank, I answered with kudos for not killing them. The above is my
attempt at humor.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Old 05-08-2007, 12:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

willshak wrote:
[...]

I know and my response was supposed to be humorous.
I hear that descented skunks are good pets but local nature center had
one in a cage and after it scratched someone it was tested and found to
be rabid.
I do have friends and neighbors that trap then kill the animals which I
would not do.
My original message was to say that if you are allowed to trap the
animals but not kill or relocate them it makes no sense. I suspect
error in article which is normal for most news media
Frank

Critters in Pond D. S. Ponds 9 03-06-2003 04:44 PM
Beneficial critters Repeating Decimal Edible Gardening 1 09-05-2003 08:08 PM
critters keep eating my tomatoes fantabular Gardening 6 16-04-2003 05:56 PM
Keeping critters away - sprinkler motion sensors Gary Flynn Edible Gardening 5 11-04-2003 02:56 AM
Keeping critters away Jim Carter Edible Gardening 0 08-04-2003 03:32 PM