Old 13-11-2006, 02:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Oerstedella pumila 'Yasnita'

This got provisional CHM/CCE/AOS awards at the AtlOS show this weekend. It
was exhibited by Andy Phillips (Andy's Orchids).
-danny

Attached Thumbnails
Oerstedella pumila 'Yasnita'-oerstedella-pumila-close-s.jpg   Oerstedella pumila 'Yasnita'-oerstedella-pumila-wide-s.jpg
Old 13-11-2006, 04:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 21:20:06 -0500, "danny" wrote:

This got provisional CHM/CCE/AOS awards at the AtlOS show this weekend. It
was exhibited by Andy Phillips (Andy's Orchids).
-danny

Lucky - It appears as if the flowers are beat up. I am waiting for
your show photos. Nothing else from the show?
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids
Old 13-11-2006, 05:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I didn't take a single picture outside of judging. Two judging sessions in
two days is about all the photography I'm willing to do for the weekend. I
don't think I took any show pictures last year either. We had 7 awards (to
six plants) on Friday and 6 awards on Saturday.
-danny

news

Old 13-11-2006, 02:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:16:01 -0500, "danny" wrote:

I didn't take a single picture outside of judging. Two judging sessions in
two days is about all the photography I'm willing to do for the weekend. I
don't think I took any show pictures last year either. We had 7 awards (to
six plants) on Friday and 6 awards on Saturday.
-danny

I have never heard of a show with two days of judging. Or are you
saying the judging center's normal time is Sunday so they judged the
show Sat and returned on Sunday for the normal judging center meeting?
Old 13-11-2006, 02:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Friday afternoon is AOS judging for the plants in the show, Saturday
afternoon is our normal monthly judging. The JC's semi-annual business
meeting is Saturday after judging, and then there is a four hour judges'
training session on Sunday morning. It's convenient for the judges to have
their meetings during the show since they can get show vendors to speak at
the training session.

Old 13-11-2006, 04:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Danny,

Daaayum. That's insane! AOS Judging is about 2/3 of a day on the Thursday
before the show here. They're almost always finished by 3pm. They start
around 8am. There are tons of plants, though. 11 awards at POE 2006, 12
awards in 2005. I would go crazy if I couldn't wander the show and take
pictures. =)

-Eric

. ..

Old 14-11-2006, 06:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

They're not all day affairs, the actual AOS judging was probably 1:00-4:30
on Friday and 2:00-4:30 on Saturday. I skipped ribbon judging on Friday
morning. It's just the hassle of bringing the extra camera equipment,
setting up a background, actually being careful to try and take good
pictures instead of my usual quick snapshots. Between that and having
helped set up before the show I'm usually just a little burned out and just
spend the rest of my time there visiting with people. Since I've gotten
more involved and gotten to know the vendors better I've started trying to
go to dinner with one or more of them on Friday and Saturday, it's a great
way to get to know people. I also made most of the judges training this
year (got there at 8:30 which is good for me), two good talks by Norito
Hasegawa on judging paphs and Ron McHatton on the whole nomenclature mess
and how it affects the judging system.

Every year I intend not to buy much, and every year I get accosted by a
bunch of plants that make me take them home:
Dendrochilum cootesii
Gongora aromatica
Macodes petola
Onc. Jiuhbao Gold 'Tainan' AM/AOS
Onc. Twinkle 'Fragrance Fantasy'
Pleurothallis strupifolia
Paph. Clair de Lune 'Edgard von Belle'
Paph. emersonii
Paph. (Hsinying Zebra x Hsinying Velvet)
Paph. Maudiae 'Los Osos'
Paph. niveum

-danny

Old 15-11-2006, 02:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:07:17 -0500, "danny" wrote:

They're not all day affairs, the actual AOS judging was probably 1:00-4:30
on Friday and 2:00-4:30 on Saturday. I skipped ribbon judging on Friday
morning.......................

And I thought our schedule went on and on. We start with ribbon
Judging Saturday at 7:30 out by 10 so the show can open. AOS judging
until noon. Hopefully we are done. Talks all afternoon. I wish they
were by such knowledgable people. Generally it is 2 student judges
and 2-3 others.

I don't know weather to envy your schedule -- or be glad I get tied
into only one day. For the last 5 years we have spent Friday
afternoon and evening registering the show and building the judges
books.. This was our last year.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Oerstedella schweinfurthiana Imgp2201.jpg - Oerstedella schweinfurthiana Imgp2201.jpg (1/1) Larry Dighera Orchids 1 07-11-2006 09:47 PM
Oerstedella hybrid danny Orchids 0 02-02-2005 04:38 AM
L. pumila Reka Orchids 35 23-09-2004 09:42 PM
Lilium pumila Franz Heymann United Kingdom 0 11-06-2004 09:46 AM
Oerstedella centradina care Barra Orchids 2 10-02-2003 10:55 PM