Old 28-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Eric Hunt

Default Alphabetical Species Photography listing completed!

Hi all,

Here's an update to my note from earlier this week.

The Long Awaited Alphabetical Listing of Orchid Species Photographs on my
website is complete!!

The entry page is:

http://www.erichunt.com/orchids/SPECIES/ab.html

Thanks for everyone's kind comments, corrections, and suggestions.

Please take a look and enjoy the wonderful photographs of the many different
orchid species in the world.

As always, suggestions and corrections, particularly taxonomic ones, are
greatly appreciated.

-Eric in SF

Old 28-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Rick~

Eric,
just did a quick click thru some of the shots you have at
your site and all I can say is WOW, very impressive pics and an
easy to maneuver site.
rick~

Old 29-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Dave Fouchey

Hate to sound like a broken record but, WOW...impressive as all get
out.

Dave

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Hi all,

Here's an update to my note from earlier this week.

The Long Awaited Alphabetical Listing of Orchid Species

Photographs on my
website is complete!!

The entry page is:

http://www.erichunt.com/orchids/SPECIES/ab.html

Thanks for everyone's kind comments, corrections, and

suggestions.

Please take a look and enjoy the wonderful photographs of the

many different
orchid species in the world.

As always, suggestions and corrections, particularly taxonomic

ones, are
greatly appreciated.

-Eric in SF

Dave Fouchey, WA4EMR
http://photos.yahoo.com/davefouchey
Southeastern Lower Michigan
42° 35' 20'' N,
82° 58' 37'' W
GMT Offset: -5
Time Zone: Eastern

Old 29-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:56:44 -0700, "Wendy" wrote:

Great job Eric, beautiful photography, now would you please build one for
me. *g* Cheer Wendy

Wendy, with YOUR collection I don't know who would have that much
Server Space for ya!G

(ducking for cover now)

Dave
Old 29-06-2003, 05:56 AM
Eric Hunt

Dave and everyone else,

Thanks for the kind words - it's been fun the last 18 months taking all the
pictures. I have 20-30 more photos in the processing queue and I am going to
White Oak Orchids on Monday to shoot. Then the July San Francisco Orchid
Society meeting is Tuesday night! *smile*

We can actually all thank Microsoft for this new alphabetical listing. When
I copied the tables out of IE and pasted them into Excel, they copied
PERFECTLY as tables, including the links. Without that, this would have
probably never happened.

An even bigger project is in the works for late summer/early fall with
another orchid photographer friend of mine - so be prepared! He's got even
more species in his database than I do.

-Eric in SF

Old 29-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Bolero

I wish I could be that impressed but I don't know what:

"Impressed as all get out"

means???

LOL........well it sounds very impressed.

Old 29-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Bolero

I must admit I do like your site, it has been needed for some time and I
will be using it as a reference point now that I am a student orchid judge.

Bolero

Old 29-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Eric Hunt

Bolero,

Great, that's one of the reasons I do this! I'm only 31, but I've seen the
Internet grow since I was in high school, before the World Wide Web. (Yes,
there WAS an Internet before the web!) There is amazing promise for the
incredible exchange of information, but an even greater risk that it's going
to become a sea of muddy nothing. Here's my little part to keep that from
happening!

I'll be updating constantly, so keep it bookmarked. I have more photos to
process and will be doing another shoot tomorrow and another on Tuesday. =)

-Eric in SF

Old 29-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Diane Mancino

I found that since you have only a few of the orchids I own, and that isn't
much- could you imagine how big this photo database could get when you get
more sources!

Diane
"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Bolero,

Great, that's one of the reasons I do this! I'm only 31, but I've seen the
Internet grow since I was in high school, before the World Wide Web. (Yes,
there WAS an Internet before the web!) There is amazing promise for the
incredible exchange of information, but an even greater risk that it's

going
to become a sea of muddy nothing. Here's my little part to keep that from
happening!

I'll be updating constantly, so keep it bookmarked. I have more photos to
process and will be doing another shoot tomorrow and another on Tuesday.

=)

-Eric in SF