Old 02-06-2008, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Alphabetical posts

The newsgroup appears to be being treated to a reposting, entry by
entry, of the contents of "Gardening for the Million" by Alfred Pink.

Perhaps the poster could be persuaded that it might be better (and less
work for her) just give the URL rather than repost the entire book.

For those who are interested go to:

http://www.fullbooks.com/Gardening-f...-Million1.html

For those who aren't, try a kill-filter :-)

--
Malcolm
Old 02-06-2008, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Malcolm" wrote in message

The newsgroup appears to be being treated to a reposting, entry by entry,
of the contents of "Gardening for the Million" by Alfred Pink.

Perhaps the poster could be persuaded that it might be better (and less
work for her) just give the URL rather than repost the entire book.

For those who are interested go to:

http://www.fullbooks.com/Gardening-f...-Million1.html

For those who aren't, try a kill-filter :-)

Already done it!

Mary

Old 02-06-2008, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Malcolm
writes

The newsgroup appears to be being treated to a reposting, entry by
entry, of the contents of "Gardening for the Million" by Alfred Pink.

Perhaps the poster could be persuaded that it might be better (and less
work for her) just give the URL rather than repost the entire book.

For those who are interested go to:

http://www.fullbooks.com/Gardening-f...-Million1.html

For those who aren't, try a kill-filter :-)

Already done
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 02-06-2008, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin
writes

Me too and a lot faster than it took her to post them all.

Someone that daft and with nothing better to do has just got to be a
'him' not a 'her'

Old 02-06-2008, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Martin
writes

Me too and a lot faster than it took her to post them all.

Someone that daft and with nothing better to do has just got to be a 'him'
not a 'her'

Oh - I thought it was just me who thought that :-)

Mary

Old 02-06-2008, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:
| "Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
| In article , Martin
| writes
|
| Me too and a lot faster than it took her to post them all.
|
| Someone that daft and with nothing better to do has just got to be a 'him'
| not a 'her'
|
| Oh - I thought it was just me who thought that :-)

Actually, the real reason that it was almost certainly done by a
man is that it was almost certainly done by writing a script, and
not by typing every entry in by hand :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2/6/08 10:26, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 10:22:43 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Malcolm" wrote in message

The newsgroup appears to be being treated to a reposting, entry by entry,
of the contents of "Gardening for the Million" by Alfred Pink.

Perhaps the poster could be persuaded that it might be better (and less
work for her) just give the URL rather than repost the entire book.

For those who are interested go to:

http://www.fullbooks.com/Gardening-f...-Million1.html

For those who aren't, try a kill-filter :-)

Already done it!

Me too and a lot faster than it took her to post them all.

This seems to be the person who does the same in ukfd, posting thousands of
recipes to the disruption of the group. While it's on-topic, it's not
exactly conducive to 'conversation' which is, of course, the whole idea.
It's just sad that some poor individual has nothing better to do with their
life.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-06-2008, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:
| "Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
| In article , Martin
| writes
|
| Me too and a lot faster than it took her to post them all.
|
| Someone that daft and with nothing better to do has just got to be a
'him'
| not a 'her'
|
| Oh - I thought it was just me who thought that :-)

Actually, the real reason that it was almost certainly done by a
man is that it was almost certainly done by writing a script, and
not by typing every entry in by hand :-)

It wouldn't occur to me that *anyone* would have entered everything by hand!

Mary

Old 02-06-2008, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes

It's something else to add to global kill filter. I filter anyone who
posts more than 5 messages in sequence or at the same time.

Steve

H dear! i often reply to 5 threads at once!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2/6/08 21:23, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes

It's something else to add to global kill filter. I filter anyone who
posts more than 5 messages in sequence or at the same time.

Steve

H dear! i often reply to 5 threads at once!

So do I and so do a lot of others. It depends on when people get time to
get to the group and answer what interests them. Some stick them in the
outbox and then send all at once.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:
In article , Martin
writes

Me too and a lot faster than it took her to post them all.

Someone that daft and with nothing better to do has just got to be a
'him' not a 'her'

I expect it's been excluded from school.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 03-06-2008, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Martin
writes

Me too and a lot faster than it took her to post them all.

Someone that daft and with nothing better to do has just got to be a
'him'
not a 'her'

Oh - I thought it was just me who thought that :-)

Oh no, Mary, I'm sure Janet did too...

And anyway, who told you you were 'just'?

(Ducks and runs for cover, pursued by a hoard of Lady Urglers)

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...

Oh - I thought it was just me who thought that :-)

Oh no, Mary, I'm sure Janet did too...

And anyway, who told you you were 'just'?

I sleep as the just :-)

(Ducks and runs for cover, pursued by a hoard of Lady Urglers)

Janet, Linz, he called us 'Ladies'!

Mary

Old 03-06-2008, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Jennifer Sparkes writes:
| The message
| from Rusty Hinge 2 contains these words:
| The message
| from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:
|
| Oh - I thought it was just me who thought that :-)
|
| Oh no, Mary, I'm sure Janet did too...
|
| And anyway, who told you you were 'just'?
|
| (Ducks and runs for cover, pursued by a hoard of Lady Urglers)
|
| Sweet dreams or naughty nightmares? ;-)))

Exit, pursued by a bare, sorry, bear.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.