Old 28-03-2004, 07:33 PM
Christopher Nunez

Default Michigan State University Fertilizer

I was at the S.B. Orchid Show last week, and a vendor mentioned the MSU
Orchid Fertilizer, saying that it works wonders. Does anyone have any info
on this? Resources on where I can order it? I did a Google search, but
didn't find anything too specific. Thanks.

Old 28-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Park702

I have been using it for about 5 months, I am not sure I see anything specific
yet although I am happy with the way my orchids are looking.

You can order at: http://www.galaxyorchids.com/1.html

Good luck.
Old 28-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Dewitt

On 28 Mar 2004 19:21:26 GMT, (Park702) wrote:

I have been using it for about 5 months, I am not sure I see anything specific
yet although I am happy with the way my orchids are looking.

You can order at:
http://www.galaxyorchids.com/1.html

Good luck.

You might want to wait until they get their website shopping pages
working again. . .

deg
Old 28-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Ray

I've been using the "Pure Water" version for just about a year now, and am
quite impressed with my plants' response to it. Generally, I see better and
more blossoms, and some plants that were totally dormant for over two years
(after severe sunburns), started growing again after I switched.

I now have both the "Pure Water" and "Well Water" versions in house, but am
awaiting packaging before I put them on the list - I'm betting on them being
available next weekend, if I'm lucky.

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 29-03-2004, 04:11 AM
mg

I just got the Pure Water version from Roberts Flowers which I'm hoping
will work fine with dehumidifier water, since I don't have RO.

Old 29-03-2004, 04:11 AM
Bob Betts

There are two versions of the Fertilizer. One for use with RO water
and one for use with well water. They are essentiall for water with
nothing in it or water that has some amout of existing chemicals in
it.

Last fall on behalf of our orchid club I ordered a 25 pound bag of
each version, split it up into 1/2 pound packages and put it in fancy
tins to hand out as a Christmas gift to each member who attended the
December meeting. As part of the process, I copied the specifications
sheets from the supplier and used the recent article about it from
Orchids to add information about a couple of ingredients that were not
listed on the manufacturers spec sheets. Since our club is in
Canada, I also added information about teaspoons per imperial gallon
as well as grams per imperial gallon. Finally, I added some notes I
received in emails from Jan Szryen who wrote part of the Orchids
article. Jan happened to be the speaker at our meeting last Sunday
and she showed pictures of the results of using the fertilizer. If
anyone was a non-believer before seeing the pictures, they would be
converted after seeing them. They were spectacular.

At any rate, I have put the MS/word document with all that information
up on our club website at http://los.lon.imag.net/MiscFile.asp

Enjoy!!

Old 29-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Ray

It ought to be fine, as there aren't a lot of dissolved minerals in
humidity!

A quick comment - the stuff from Roberts isn't the exact match to the stuff
they used at MSU, and neither is the Jack's Professional brand, but they all
are close enough in formulation to the MSU stuff (Greencare) that one should
have no hesitation using them. My first experience with it was the
knock-off from Wayne, and I used it for about 6 months before switching to
the GreenCare brand.

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 29-03-2004, 12:33 PM
Geir Harris Hedemark

"Ray" writes:
A quick comment - the stuff from Roberts isn't the exact match to the stuff
they used at MSU, and neither is the Jack's Professional brand, but they all
are close enough in formulation to the MSU stuff (Greencare) that one should
have no hesitation using them. My first experience with it was the
knock-off from Wayne, and I used it for about 6 months before switching to
the GreenCare brand.

Is there a way to get hold of a small quantity for overseas users so I
can try? Ray - do you sell this stuff?

Geir

Old 30-03-2004, 12:18 AM
Ray

Yep, I sell it, but in 5 pound (2.268kg) containers only.