Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Dave Gillingham

Default Seeking information on 2 dendrobes - aries & schulleri

I have been researching the lineage of one of my dendrobe hybrids on
the RHS website. I can find nothing in any of my books on the above
two species in its pedigree; nor can I find anything at the local
library in "Dendrobiun & its Relatives" (Lavarack, Harris & Stocker).

What I would like is the sort of information in the above book: Genus
section, region of origin, environment, plant & growth habit
description, flowering time & floral description, cultural advice, &
desirably pictures.

Is it possible that aries & schulleri are outdated synonyms? Can
anyone please point me somewhere useful - but politely ;-) ?
Dave Gillingham