Old 21-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Rob Halgren

I could not see them either and I usually don't have any
problems. Rob's thumbnail directory addresses worked well.

Good Luck to all who are working on righting their gh, Rob
included.

Rob, you did hear the ski season has started in Colorado.
Loveland Ski area opened last weekend. How far behind can
Michigan be?
SuE

I really wish people would stop saying that... *grin*. It makes me
nervous. Contrary to popular belief, it can be quite temperate in lower
Michigan, even in the winter. Of course it can also be quite horrible.
I remember one christmas that I was outside in 70 degree weather. I
remember another late december where I had to spend the night in my
office because while I could see my car in the parking lot, I could only
see the very top.... It spent three days in that parking lot.

I have several working circuits in the greenhouse now. Still
waiting on a part for the furnace. Still pouring kerosene into the jet
engine portable heater, I have yet to lose a finger to it.

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )

Old 21-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Diana Kulaga

Hmm. I was able to see the pix from all the available links, including
Bill's original one. But then, he sent a link directly to some of us down
here, and that was no problem either.

I'm just glad they worked. Don't strain my brain with tech talk!

Diana

Old 22-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:50:06 -0400, Rob Halgren
wrote:
I really wish people would stop saying that... *grin*. It makes me
nervous. Contrary to popular belief, it can be quite temperate in lower
Michigan, even in the winter. Of course it can also be quite horrible.
I remember one christmas that I was outside in 70 degree weather. I
remember another late december where I had to spend the night in my
office because while I could see my car in the parking lot, I could only
see the very top.... It spent three days in that parking lot.

I have several working circuits in the greenhouse now. Still
waiting on a part for the furnace. Still pouring kerosene into the jet
engine portable heater, I have yet to lose a finger to it.

Yes - I know your temperate Michigan. I grew up in Temperate
Wisconsin and married in temperate Illinois. Just before we
moved here we shoveled snow out of our temperate drive that was
more than waist deep and I am not a short woman.

Good Luck Charlie Brown. They tell me the Great Pumpkin will
visit MI this year.
SuE

Old 23-10-2004, 02:09 PM
William Hill

(William Hill) wrote in message . com...
Hi all, If you'd like to see what 2 direct hits in a row can do to a
30 year old orchid nursery, go to:
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com and click on Hurricane. I just
posted 7 photos--- I have 27. No more greenhouses-- Atom Bomb shelters
with auto mist,Fertigation & lights.G Good growing, Bill

Hi All, Sorry about the fact that some of you can't view the pictures
(try again as we have done some changes that may work for you now) BUT
if you still can't get it-- email me directly and I will send the
pictures directly to you as attachments. Good Luck, Bill

Old 23-10-2004, 03:17 PM
wendy7

Hi Bill, I can see them now, sure is a lot of damage. Suppose
you have to replace all the mainframe structures. A lot of work but
glad to see the plants look stable.
The insurance companies must be crying!
Good luck to you & all the growers that experienced this divistation.
Btw...Kenni was kind enough to send me some pics along with yours.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 23-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Steve

William Hill wrote:
(William Hill) wrote in message . com...

Hi all, If you'd like to see what 2 direct hits in a row can do to a
30 year old orchid nursery, go to:
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com and click on Hurricane. I just
posted 7 photos--- I have 27. No more greenhouses-- Atom Bomb shelters
with auto mist,Fertigation & lights.G Good growing, Bill

Hi All, Sorry about the fact that some of you can't view the pictures
(try again as we have done some changes that may work for you now) BUT
if you still can't get it-- email me directly and I will send the
pictures directly to you as attachments. Good Luck, Bill

It works now. :-)

Steve

Old 23-10-2004, 09:14 PM
William Hill

William Hill wrote:
(William Hill) wrote in message
. com...
Hi all, If you'd like to see what 2 direct hits in a row can do to a
30 year old orchid nursery, go to:
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com and click on Hurricane. I just
posted 7 photos--- I have 27. No more greenhouses-- Atom Bomb
shelters with auto mist,Fertigation & lights.G Good growing, Bill

Hi All, Sorry about the fact that some of you can't view the pictures
(try again as we have done some changes that may work for you now) BUT
if you still can't get it-- email me directly and I will send the
pictures directly to you as attachments. Good Luck, Bill

Hi Wendy, BAD NEWS: I HAD NO INSURANCE!! ALL THE INSURANCE I DID HAVE
WAS FOR THE HOUSE (NOT A SCRATCH) MOST INSURANCE WON'T COVER PLANTS
(PERISHABLE) AND GREENHOUSES ON RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY (WHICH IS WHAT I
HAVE) Bill
Old 24-10-2004, 02:55 AM
Tom Randy

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 06:09:32 -0700, William Hill wrote:

(William Hill) wrote in message . com...
Hi all, If you'd like to see what 2 direct hits in a row can do to a
30 year old orchid nursery, go to:
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com and click on Hurricane. I just
posted 7 photos--- I have 27. No more greenhouses-- Atom Bomb shelters
with auto mist,Fertigation & lights.G Good growing, Bill

Hi All, Sorry about the fact that some of you can't view the pictures
(try again as we have done some changes that may work for you now) BUT
if you still can't get it-- email me directly and I will send the
pictures directly to you as attachments. Good Luck, Bill

That fixed it for me Bill, thank you. Man that's horrible.

Reason we still direct seed is that our direct-seeded tomatoes harvest earlier than the transplanted ones Bill[_13_] Gardening 9 06-05-2008 04:37 AM
OT Hurricanes ~ janj JJsPond.us Ponds 13 21-07-2005 03:25 AM
hurricanes and your safety (Florida!) John A. Keslick, Jr. Gardening 10 14-01-2005 04:19 PM
2 hurricanes; direct hits in 3 weeks William Hill Orchids 0 19-10-2004 05:27 PM
Hurricanes and fish Roy Lasris Ponds (alternative) 2 03-10-2003 10:02 AM