Old 09-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Gramma

Default Update

For those members who were kind enough to show concern I would like to let
you know my husband had his by pass today and whilst he hasn't yet come out
of the anaesthetic all is well

Now its just a case of recovery so he can attend to all those jobs I have
lined up whilst he has been away.

Gramma.

Old 09-11-2004, 08:14 AM
Reka

Good deal! I wish him a speedy recovery!
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"Gramma" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
For those members who were kind enough to show concern I would like to let
you know my husband had his by pass today and whilst he hasn't yet come out
of the anaesthetic all is well

Now its just a case of recovery so he can attend to all those jobs I have
lined up whilst he has been away.

Gramma.

---

Old 09-11-2004, 11:11 PM
auntymo

that's great. i wish you both the best!

--mo--

Old 10-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Dave Gillingham

Wonderful news. Now you can start relaxing a little. Next question -
when he comes home is he as poor a patient as most of us males are
reputed to be? That's all vile female propaganda of course (not only
g, but tongue firmly planted in cheek as well! Is there an emoticon
for that?).

Old 10-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Gramma

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
Wonderful news. Now you can start relaxing a little. Next question -
when he comes home is he as poor a patient as most of us males are
reputed to be? That's all vile female propaganda of course (not only
g, but tongue firmly planted in cheek as well! Is there an emoticon
for that?).

:-j - I think that's it

He is actually a very good patient and very stoic, but does tend to think he
knows better than the doctor.
He is also very different when there are others around, with me he is more
honest.

At least nothing has died,everything looks healthy regards the orchids, but
I think the begonia cuttings have gone to god :-( Another week might tell
better.
It's the thought of him following me round telling me what I *should* have
done that bothers me.

Thanks again for all the good wishes a on and off line
Gramma

Old 10-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Ray

As disagreeable as it might seem, having him following you around, telling
you what you should have done is a sure sign of recovery!

..

Old 10-11-2004, 03:10 PM
wendy7

Glad to hear that all is well Gramma. If your hubby gives you
any flak, just tell him to check with us. *g*

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 10-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 07:10:54 -0800, "wendy7"
wrote:

Glad to hear that all is well Gramma. If your hubby gives you
any flak, just tell him to check with us. *g*

Give him the back posts to read - how does she get him into the
archives? That will keep him tied to the computer for hours. G
SuE

Old 10-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Gramma

wrote:

Glad to hear that all is well Gramma. If your hubby gives you
any flak, just tell him to check with us. *g*

I have plans in hand........

Give him the back posts to read - how does she get him into the
archives? That will keep him tied to the computer for hours. G
SuE

I can do that :-) - but he is not very interested in newsgroups
Since posting here I have plenty sites book marked for him to checkout and
drool over. That will keep him busy and
I have an uncanny feeling broadband will soon be installed in this
household. [Yeh!]

As a last resort we have hundreds of photos from our recent holiday in the
UK to be sorted into files and as our computers are next to each other, we
can sit side by side and have some quality time arguing over which ones to
keep and which ones to adjust.
Could take months ..........

Gramma

Old 10-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Gramma

"Ray" wrote in message
As disagreeable as it might seem, having him following you around, telling
you what you should have done is a sure sign of recovery!

Umm......... not really cos he has always done that :-)
After 45 years I just nod quietly and carry on.

But I'll know he's recovering when he starts chaffing at the bit to get out
and do things

Gramma

.

Old 10-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Diana Kulaga

You'll be fine! Your attitude is wonderful, and that's half the battle.
Treat him as if he's all better, no invalid stuff, but don't let him go back
to heavy lifting for a while!

That was the biggest problem I had when Frank had bypass surgery....him
grabbing those big grocery bags and 40 lb. salt bags when he was supposed to
limit to 10 lbs for a few weeks. Yes, he's a big strong guy, but let's get
the Frankenstein stitches/staples out before getting too cocky!

Best,

Diana

Old 11-11-2004, 04:41 AM
Gramma

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
You'll be fine! Your attitude is wonderful, and that's half the battle.
Treat him as if he's all better, no invalid stuff, but don't let him go

back
to heavy lifting for a while!

That was the biggest problem I had when Frank had bypass surgery....him
grabbing those big grocery bags and 40 lb. salt bags when he was supposed

limit to 10 lbs for a few weeks. Yes, he's a big strong guy, but let's

get
the Frankenstein stitches/staples out before getting too cocky!

That will be the biggest problem once he is feeling better.

Building his shade/greenhouse might be put back a bit but
pottering with orchids shouldn't take too much out of him.

Gramma

LG Update: Birds of America (was Alexis Bledel update) Rob Jensen Ponds 0 26-12-2007 12:03 AM
mini update John Rutz Ponds 3 04-06-2003 02:56 AM
Update on yellow lemon tree leaves John Savage Australia 7 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
OrchidSafari Update K Barrett Orchids 0 01-02-2003 04:57 AM
Tiny Heather update jammer Gardening 1 26-01-2003 04:03 AM