Old 10-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Dewitt

Default Where to buy Enstar

I'm going to buy a bottle of pricey Enstar. Any one have a
recommendation of where I should purchase it? I did find it at
www.HortHippo.com for $76.71 for a 5 ounce bottle, though I know
nothing about them and their website says "Grand Opening".

Also, should a sticker / spreader or surfactant be used when spraying
Enstar?

deg
Old 10-11-2004, 08:42 PM
K Barrett

Robert's Orchid supply was where I got a botle relatively cheap and fro a
good source who will be in business for a while. http://www.orchidmix.com/

YMMV

K Barrett

Old 10-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Ray

Dewitt,

Based upon my experience, that's a pretty good price.

I have always applied it mixed with neem oil and the surfactant needed for
that (dishwashing detergent), so don't really know if it is needed (the
label does not specify), but some sort of wetting agent can't hurt.

..

Old 10-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Dewitt

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:42:20 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Robert's Orchid supply was where I got a botle relatively cheap and fro a
good source who will be in business for a while. http://www.orchidmix.com/

YMMV

K Barrett

Thanks. Looks like he's about $6 higher, but it's probably worth that
to deal with a known source.

deg

Old 10-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Rob Halgren

Ray wrote:

I agree that Wayne is a good guy to do business with.

Me too, in fact just a hour ago I placed an order with him. His website
is a bit hard to navigate, but he has never let me down.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )
Old 10-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Dewitt

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:44:50 -0500, "Ray"
wrote:

I have always applied it mixed with neem oil and the surfactant needed for
that (dishwashing detergent), so don't really know if it is needed (the
label does not specify), but some sort of wetting agent can't hurt.

I've been hauling my indoor plants outside to spray with neem this
afternoon. You can guess what I smell like and what my house will
smell like for a couple days. . .

I'll ask Wayne (Robert?) about the need for a surfactant or sticker /
spreader.

deg
Old 10-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Rob Halgren

wrote:

I have always applied it mixed with neem oil and the surfactant needed for
that (dishwashing detergent), so don't really know if it is needed (the
label does not specify), but some sort of wetting agent can't hurt.

I've been hauling my indoor plants outside to spray with neem this
afternoon. You can guess what I smell like and what my house will
smell like for a couple days. . .

I'll ask Wayne (Robert?) about the need for a surfactant or sticker /
spreader.

deg

It is Wayne Roberts, actually. I know, it is confusing.

Old 10-11-2004, 09:34 PM
wendy7

Hi Deg, I got mine from Orange County Farm Supply in the city of Orange in
S.Cal. They do not have a website so no good to you unless you live in the
area.
Below is a url which has the info on combining EnstarII with Mavrik
AquaFlow. I bought both & followed the instructions to a T, there are
two regimens. I can't remember exactly what I paid but it was just
under $100 for both. I am on my 2nd bottle of Enstar as the Mavrik only
comes in quarts.
Now heres the kicker, over the last year I have not seen any scale but
those dreaded mealies show up!!!! Granted I have a lot of plants & should
have repotted more than I did.
So next time I use the products I will repot & or dip the infected
plants.

http://www.mavrikaquaflow.com/prod_app_m.html

Good Luck
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 10-11-2004, 10:36 PM
Dewitt

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:13:49 -0500, Rob Halgren
wrote:

Me too, in fact just a hour ago I placed an order with him. His website
is a bit hard to navigate, but he has never let me down.

Yeah, I was noticing that. And no online shopping cart. Shoot, I may
have to actually call and talk to him on the phone. . . :-)

deg

Old 11-11-2004, 07:46 AM
Park702

I have had good results against mealies with Merit75. Root drench.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:46 AM
Park702

I have had good results against mealies with Merit75. Root drench.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:15 PM
K Barrett

On a different subject I was looking for a source for caffeine pills, found
some really cheap online and then was floored to find out the shipping
minimums and shipping costs. Changed a $6 dollar item to a $20. So
needless to say I dropped that idea and will ask my local pharmacy to order
some for me. Sometimes shipping can really eat you alive. That said, Wayne
Roberts is also know to OrchidSafarians for giving a talk at the Carolinas
Orchid Conservation meeting on Cyps (I believe) so he's out there puttting
his face at meetings for good causes too.
http://www.orchidtrek.com/carolina/3rdcarolina.html

K Barrett

Old 11-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Dewitt

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:15:23 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

On a different subject I was looking for a source for caffeine pills, found
some really cheap online and then was floored to find out the shipping
minimums and shipping costs. Changed a $6 dollar item to a $20.

chuckle If you don't mind them being shaped like " 357 Magnum
Bullets", this place only charges $3 shipping for orders up to $10 -
http://www.tmdistributing.com/ A bottle of 100 200mg tablets is $9
or buy two for $6 each. I haven't ever order from them.

I presume you are going to use these for snail control. Please let us
know how well it works.

deg
Old 12-11-2004, 05:49 PM
K Barrett

wrote:

On a different subject I was looking for a source for caffeine pills,

found
some really cheap online and then was floored to find out the shipping
minimums and shipping costs. Changed a $6 dollar item to a $20.

chuckle If you don't mind them being shaped like " 357 Magnum
Bullets", this place only charges $3 shipping for orders up to $10 -
http://www.tmdistributing.com/ A bottle of 100 200mg tablets is $9
or buy two for $6 each. I haven't ever order from them.

I presume you are going to use these for snail control. Please let us
know how well it works.

deg

Thanks deg! Yes, I was going to try them for snail control. Any idea how
I'd create the experiment? Isolate a bunch of bush snails, dunk them in
caffeine water vs plain water, time how long they take to die? Isolate a
bunch of bush snails, place them on filter paper laced with caffeine vs
plain filter paper, time how fast they crawl away? Trust me, I got a ton of
bush snails to try this with.

Or forget the science, and just water the orchds with caffeine water and
report the results, *G*

K Barrett

Wessex Teak - Am I mad to buy from them? (Planning to buy large teakgarden table...) ship United Kingdom 71 10-08-2011 10:14 PM
ENSTAR II Kinoprene babsely Orchids 1 06-08-2008 10:39 PM
Intergeneric Onc Hybrid: to buy or not to buy? J Fortuna Orchids 25 15-10-2004 08:35 PM
Intergeneric Onc Hybrid: to buy or not to buy? J Fortuna Orchids 0 01-10-2004 11:32 PM
Enstar II Wendy Orchids 1 04-08-2004 11:13 AM