Old 12-11-2004, 02:54 AM
GARLAND HANSON

I didn't realize you had these, Ray. Guess I should always hit your site
just before I bid!!!

The plain clips are dark green. I believe I got them on plants I bought.
I've never seen them for sale.

Garland

"Ray" wrote in message
or you can get them from regular vendors like me for fewer $$$

.
"GARLAND HANSON" wrote in message
If you want the plastic clips you saw in the store, check them out on
Ebay. Search for "orchid clips" and you'll currently find two hits. I
bought a bag of 36 and use them over and over again. Here is one of the
offerings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I like the clips because they are fast and effective. I also found some
very small dark green ones that are not as flashy as the insect clips but
do the same job.

Good growing!
Garland

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:09:27 -0600, wrote:

Hi, I saw some orchids at Lowe's that had little clips the shape of
dragonflies. They took the place of the bread ties and looked
interesting. I asked them if they sold them and they said no they came
with the plant. grrr. I always thought of using pipe cleamers, but
they're about the same as twisty ties. You might try a hardware store,
beings you know what your looking for but don't know where to find
it..good luck.......anything for our orchids.....Burr

Some of those little cute clips are children's hair clips. Look
at them in Walmart and make sure you get the bigger of the sizes.
I have seen some too small for the use.

They have to be available via some mfg site for those of you who
are "legit" vendors. Not just hobby growers like us.
SuE

Old 12-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Myrmecodia

Rob,

I think what you want is called a "bag taper." Their primary use is
for taping shut plastic bags. Unfortunately, I can only find
table-top units via google and ebay searches. For example:

Perhaps if you contact one of the companies that sell the tabletop
devices, they could help you find a hand held unit.

Nick
--

Rob Halgren wrote in message ...
OK, Google has failed me, probably because I don't know the name of
the product I'm looking for... Perhaps somebody can help.

Old 12-11-2004, 04:35 PM
J. Del Col

Rob Halgren wrote in message ...
OK, Google has failed me, probably because I don't know the name of
the product I'm looking for... Perhaps somebody can help.

I have seen people use tape guns to tie flower spikes to plant
stakes. So I know this exists. Basically it is a device that forms a
little loop of tape, you push it over the flower spike and support, and
it presses the open ends of the tape together on the other side and cuts
the tape... Simple... My fingers don't let me do twist ties anymore,
at least in the quantities I have to do them. Any more than ten is not
really a reasonable goal anymore, and I have hundreds of spikes to stake.

Try amleo.com Take a look at item # HTB2--described as a Plant Tie Machine.

It staples the tape.

J. Del Col