Old 03-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Most Incompetent Orchid Thief..

Our local college station is reporting that one Gary Benamen (not sure of
that spelling) stole several Oncidiums from Jonathan Dickerson State Park
(10 miles or so south of us), and also others from other FL parks. Then -
are you ready? - he tried to sell 'em on Ebay!

Caught like the proverbial rat in a trap!

Diana

Old 04-05-2005, 03:13 AM
Mick Fournier

Poor Fakahatchee Strand State Preserve... click on:

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/p...plate=dateline

Mick

Old 04-05-2005, 03:24 AM
wendy7

Oh my! What are these people in Florida smoking????

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 04-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Diana Kulaga

Thanks for the link, Mick.

Wendy, we aren't all thieves down here! And, though this is a clear case of
an a**e doing something contemptible, I've run into people who don't have a
clue that they shouldn't take wild orchids from their habitats. Needless to
say, they get a pretty quick education......

Diana

Old 05-05-2005, 05:48 AM
wendy7

Yes, sorry Diana, but I was thinking more of the all around events in
your neck of the woods. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Old 05-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Toni

"wendy7" wrote in message
Yes, sorry Diana, but I was thinking more of the all around events in
your neck of the woods. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

No- not me at any rate. Florida is having a very bad run lately.
Seems all the nuts roll south.

--
Toni
South Florida USA

Old 05-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Diana Kulaga

Oh, Wendy! No, I was not in any way offended. You are right; FL does have
its share of those nuts that Toni mentioned!

We have quite a cast of characters down here!

Diana

Old 06-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Thu, 5 May 2005 07:01:14 -0400, "Toni" wrote:

"wendy7" wrote in message
Yes, sorry Diana, but I was thinking more of the all around events in
your neck of the woods. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

No- not me at any rate. Florida is having a very bad run lately.
Seems all the nuts roll south.

I blame it on the salt water intrusion...;-) Or all the Bales saved in
the 70's....

Dave
Old 06-05-2005, 03:36 AM
wendy7

Bales of ???? Speaking of salt water, I just heard that there is all
kinds of oil in the ocean around Florida!
By the way Dave, I haven't forgotton you I am just getting back on
my feet & now we have to tent our house because of termites!! So am
going to be busy for the next month.

Old 06-05-2005, 03:56 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Thu, 5 May 2005 19:36:06 -0700, "wendy7"
wrote:

Bales of ???? Speaking of salt water, I just heard that there is all
kinds of oil in the ocean around Florida!
By the way Dave, I haven't forgotton you I am just getting back on
my feet & now we have to tent our house because of termites!! So am
going to be busy for the next month.

LOL Wendy in the 1970's there were frequent occurrences of drug
smugglers dumping bales of pot off the Florida Coast for pick up boats
to bring in for sale. Often they would miss some and they would wash
ashore like a beached Whale hence the refrain "Save The Bales" as
opposed to "Save The Whales" became common at the time...

Not to worry lass take care of the house, tenting for termites is a
pain in the neck ALSO make sure the pest control company hires a guard
for the house while you have it tented. My Mother in laws house was
robbed under the tent by some fellows wearing gas masks....

Then again that might just be a South Florida Phenomenon.

Dave

Old 06-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Diana Kulaga

Yikes, Wendy! Isn't there a better way, other than tenting, these days? It
used to be common here, but you rarely see it anymore.

Diana (Just another wacky bale-ful Floridian, Dave - I remember that era!)

Old 07-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Fri, 06 May 2005 22:40:38 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Yikes, Wendy! Isn't there a better way, other than tenting, these days? It
used to be common here, but you rarely see it anymore.

Diana (Just another wacky bale-ful Floridian, Dave - I remember that era!)

Diana I lived in Hialeah and Miami from 1970-1980...:-) Turned 21 in
1972, do the math!G

Dave

Chrysanthemum Thief ? Paul Luton[_2_] United Kingdom 5 12-07-2010 09:57 AM
Obama as president: The Commander and Thief jgalt Gardening 129 04-11-2008 09:31 PM
Fish Thief Caught In The Act - Was "The Fish Are Gone" ChrisGW Ponds 2 13-03-2007 12:14 AM
Plant thief! Genevieve Gardening 48 08-05-2004 01:03 AM
Does anyone not like The Orchid Thief? Sarah Huff Orchids 21 03-11-2003 01:12 AM