Old 17-04-2008, 08:42 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Pumps are running

Hi All,
The pond pumps are running! Have to redo the waterfall so the ponds
are going to seperate veggie filters. Last year we started losing
water and decided it was thru the waterfall - so naturally we put it
off until this year to fix the problem. The thought of moving all the
rocks and reworking the waterfall doesn't seem like fun any more :-(
I had thought of inviting my son over to help with the job but then he
tore his bicep muscle and had to have surgery. Now he is out of
commission for 6 months.
I guess it will get finished sometime this summer - I'm in no hurry to
get into the cold water. The fish are all doing well and the canaries
are singing their little heads off. We have a new pup, a black pug
named WuFi. He thinks it's his job to chase the noisy frogs. So far,
the frogs are winning.
Bonnie
NJ

Old 18-04-2008, 04:03 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Hey Bonnie!! :-))

I have a great mental picture of a black pug on frog patrol.

The radio station said we could have snow showers this
weekend. SNOW SHOWERS!!! If it happens it may be
a first for around here. Last weekend it got to 79! I wish
spring would make up its mind before summer gets
here.

k :-)

Old 18-04-2008, 01:10 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Go Bonnie!

Our pumps are running too...but then Jackson allows us to keep them on
all 12 months.

Our water celery (from you years back) is going great guns while the
hyacinth is just starting.

Put up a pic of your falls sometime.

Jim

Old 21-04-2008, 04:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Apr 18, 8:10 am, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Go Bonnie!

Our pumps are running too...but then Jackson allows us to keep them on
all 12 months.

Our water celery (from you years back) is going great guns while the
hyacinth is just starting.

Put up a pic of your falls sometime.

Jim

I'll do that if and when we get the falls back running again ;-). Our
water celery is still trying to take over the yard - it's still one of
the first plants to green up in the spring. I think it will be over a
month until it's safe to add hyacinth to our ponds in Jersey.
Bonnie
NJ

Old 21-04-2008, 04:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Apr 17, 11:03 pm, kathy wrote:
Hey Bonnie!! :-))

I have a great mental picture of a black pug on frog patrol.

The radio station said we could have snow showers this
weekend. SNOW SHOWERS!!! If it happens it may be
a first for around here. Last weekend it got to 79! I wish
spring would make up its mind before summer gets
here.

k :-)

Hi Kathy,
I hope we have no more snow in our forecast, I know it's still
possible, but I'm ready for warmer weather again.
Every time I go down past "Person Rd", I send a "hi" to you.
Bonnie
NJ

Old 21-04-2008, 11:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Bonnie NJ wrote:
I'll do that if and when we get the falls back running again ;-). Our

On this subject I was in a Harbor Freight (yes, I know that most of
their stuff is made by shoeless Chinese children who have to sleep on
the dirty floor) this morning and they have a NEW "Stream and Waterfall"
pump. It's a 3200GPH with a multi-vented black plastic cage over it.
Claims about a 15' lift with 1.5" pipe. About 1 cubic foot total and on
sale for $79.99. Didn't look bad.

Chip

Old 22-04-2008, 03:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I like the pondmaster series
http://www.webbsonline.com/catalog/p...x.html#supreme
they get about 12 gallons per watt which is economical, but what I like best is how
long lived these pumps are. Ingrid

Bonnie NJ wrote:
I'll do that if and when we get the falls back running again ;-). Our

On this subject I was in a Harbor Freight (yes, I know that most of
their stuff is made by shoeless Chinese children who have to sleep on
the dirty floor) this morning and they have a NEW "Stream and Waterfall"
pump. It's a 3200GPH with a multi-vented black plastic cage over it.
Claims about a 15' lift with 1.5" pipe. About 1 cubic foot total and on
sale for $79.99. Didn't look bad.

Chip

270 Watts- BTW, Watts should be capitalized- named for a person. See it
yourself.

Rate This Thread: