Old 27-02-2006, 11:40 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy~

Default POND repeats

Whats a matter Derek Cry Baby, can't you make a single post without
complaining or whineing about something or other.....Must be that time
of the month for you again, seems like your on the perpetual cycle
though, maybe you need to see your OBGYN......

]

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:06:31 -0400, Derek Broughton
wrote:
~ janj wrote:

I don't know who it was, but last year someone said we ought to put POND
in front of all our sends. I couldn't see the reasoning at the time, but I
guess they were aware that those who we were handling with our
killfilters, would find another way. It never occurred to naive little me
that there are such vindictive people out there, that love negative
attention/vibes. ~ jan

It really has no value. Don't you that think anyone who can flood the
newsgroup can do it with POND in the subject line? He managed to add a
bogus "Koi-lo" header (in fact, I'm surprised my newsserver even accepted
it, but it was the easy way to prevent them coming in future).

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 28-02-2006, 03:19 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default POND OT

On 28 Feb 2006 Clancy Binger & Tim Holman,
who both amazingly have this same E-mail address
wrote:

These are the ravings of: rec.ponds ~Roy~.

snipped Roy's oooooooooooooooold comments

You know, that just wasn't necessary. I didn't see Roy, as I had to
killfilter that nym in all forms since it would have required reading
headers which I wasn't about to do. I figure if he has something pond
related to say, he'll switch his nym. To whom it may concern (Clancy & Tim,
yeah riiight): Stay on topic for goodness sake. ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a
Old 28-02-2006, 03:29 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"~ janj" wrote in message
You know, that just wasn't necessary. I didn't see Roy, as I had to
killfilter that nym in all forms since it would have required reading
headers which I wasn't about to do. I figure if he has something pond
related to say, he'll switch his nym. To whom it may concern (Clancy &
Tim,
yeah riiight): Stay on topic for goodness sake. ~ jan

====================
You're replying to someone's bot.

If they read this I would like them to *PLEASE REMOVE* my name from those
disgusting ravings.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Old 28-02-2006, 02:49 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

~ janj wrote:

K30 heard a treefrog frog in her yard the other day, spring isn't far away
when that happens. ~ jan

You know, I wouldn't have been surprised to hear a spring peeper a few weeks
ago here on the coast of Nova Scotia (OK, I would, but not _very_!) but
it's back to hard freeze this week. It's been a weird, weird, winter. Our
salt-water lagoon didn't really freeze until last week - other years we'd
skate on it in December. We've only had the road plowed half a dozen
times, and we've gone through more freeze-thaw cycles so far than we would
usually get in the next two months (which is when we usually face
freeze-thaw).
--
derek
Old 01-03-2006, 12:13 AM posted to rec.ponds
J.D. Stone

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
~ janj wrote:

K30 heard a treefrog frog in her yard the other day, spring isn't far
away
when that happens. ~ jan

You know, I wouldn't have been surprised to hear a spring peeper a few
weeks
ago here on the coast of Nova Scotia (OK, I would, but not _very_!) but
it's back to hard freeze this week. It's been a weird, weird, winter.
Our
salt-water lagoon didn't really freeze until last week - other years we'd
skate on it in December. We've only had the road plowed half a dozen
times, and we've gone through more freeze-thaw cycles so far than we would
usually get in the next two months (which is when we usually face
freeze-thaw).
--
derek

That is the nice thing about being in Texas; don't have to wait for a season
for the weather to change. Winter last week, 80°F today. Gotta love it!
JD

Old 01-03-2006, 03:28 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:13:34 -0600, "J.D. Stone" wrote:

That is the nice thing about being in Texas; don't have to wait for a season
for the weather to change. Winter last week, 80°F today. Gotta love it!
JD

Well, yeah..... except come what? May-Oct? Ducking & Running ;-) ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a
Old 01-03-2006, 04:04 AM posted to rec.ponds
J.D. Stone

wrote:

That is the nice thing about being in Texas; don't have to wait for a
season
for the weather to change. Winter last week, 80°F today. Gotta love it!
JD

Well, yeah..... except come what? May-Oct? Ducking & Running ;-) ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Well, there's that. What with the mild winter, this summer will probably be
a scorcher. I predict multiple 100+ degree days. 'Course I work for a
utility so that isn't all bad.
JD

Old 02-03-2006, 12:39 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gail Futoran

wrote:

That is the nice thing about being in Texas; don't have to wait for a
season
for the weather to change. Winter last week, 80°F today. Gotta love it!
JD

Well, yeah..... except come what? May-Oct? Ducking & Running ;-) ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Yep. Last summer was especially bad, with
high heat and sun almost without break. I
did so much less in the yard this summer than
usual (of course, getting older is part of it).

Fortunately nothing much seems to bother
the ponds, but I have them all shaded - enough
to keep the water from overheating and reduce
algae, but letting enough light in for healthy
plant growth.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8