Old 26-02-2006, 01:57 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default POND repeats

Big Sigh If you've sent/replied to anything in the last 48 hours. Resend,
hopefully everyone will have their in boxes cleared of the "noise" by now.
:-( ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a
Old 26-02-2006, 02:27 AM posted to rec.ponds

~ janj wrote:
Big Sigh If you've sent/replied to anything in the last 48 hours.
Resend, hopefully everyone will have their in boxes cleared of the
"noise" by now.
:-( ~ jan

Heh heh. I always check for your posts, Jan. I forgot to check for Koi's,
though. I can't tell from the headers which of hers are really hers; I just
guess by Subject. Also, I've forgotten the names of the other regulars and
old timers.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Old 26-02-2006, 03:10 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

~ janj wrote:
Big Sigh If you've sent/replied to anything in the last 48 hours.
Resend, hopefully everyone will have their in boxes cleared of the
"noise" by now.
:-( ~ jan

Heh heh. I always check for your posts, Jan. I forgot to check for Koi's,
though. I can't tell from the headers which of hers are really hers; I just
guess by Subject. Also, I've forgotten the names of the other regulars and
old timers.

Hiya Nick, I don't know who's all out there any more either. I'm this
message will get them to resend, if they had sent something. I sent 2 other
message right in the middle of last night's hit, so I resent this morning
only we got hit again. Figure I might resend those again later, for those
who just did a delete in mass. ~ jan
~ jan/WA
Zone 7a
Old 26-02-2006, 03:23 AM posted to rec.ponds

~ janj wrote:
~ janj wrote:
Big Sigh If you've sent/replied to anything in the last 48 hours.
Resend, hopefully everyone will have their in boxes cleared of the
"noise" by now.
:-( ~ jan

Heh heh. I always check for your posts, Jan. I forgot to check for
Koi's, though. I can't tell from the headers which of hers are really
hers; I just guess by Subject. Also, I've forgotten the names of the
other regulars and old timers.

Hiya Nick, I don't know who's all out there any more either. I'm this
message will get them to resend, if they had sent something. I sent 2
other message right in the middle of last night's hit, so I resent this
morning only we got hit again. Figure I might resend those again later,
for those who just did a delete in mass. ~ jan

You're a trooper, Jan. It might take a while, but if they don't get any
traction, they'll eventually look for more fertile ground to dump their
fertilizer on.

Thinking back to what an idiot I was when I first started posting here and
posted my Blue Heron Beer picture here. Everyone was quite gentle. °~)

Old 26-02-2006, 07:35 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Thinking back to what an idiot I was when I first started posting here and
posted my Blue Heron Beer picture here. Everyone was quite gentle. °~)

That was back in the day I could see pictures, I remember it. Now my ISP
(I assume) must stop the pics, as I haven't been able to view a mis-sent
pic in 2-3 years. ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Old 26-02-2006, 08:11 AM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze

"~ janj" wrote in message
Thinking back to what an idiot I was when I first started posting here
and
posted my Blue Heron Beer picture here. Everyone was quite gentle. °~)

That was back in the day I could see pictures, I remember it. Now my
ISP
(I assume) must stop the pics, as I haven't been able to view a mis-sent
pic in 2-3 years. ~ jan

A lot of news servers automatically strip out image attachments, or expire
them very quickly. In particular the alt.binaries newsgroups can account for
a significant portion of the news server traffic. In the past this was
tolerated because an ISP managed news server with a long retention policy
was a selling point.

These days the value of Usenet is significantly depreciated, webforums and
mailing lists have largely replaced Usenet. When I worked for a certain
isp, we discovered that less then 1% of the subscribers accessed the
newsserver on a regular basis, and those that did basically only cared about
pornography and piracy, so we significantly reduced our labor and hardware
investment into that service, and focused on the content and services more
people used.

-S

Old 26-02-2006, 03:21 PM posted to rec.ponds

somebody named chuckie got ticked off with crossposting to rec.gardens and decided to
punish rec.ponds.
""Chuckie" wrote:
Rec.Ponds has a thousand new messages as of tonigth help stop the
nonsense.Post here to get info on how you can help."

Ingrid

~ janj wrote:

~ janj wrote:
Big Sigh If you've sent/replied to anything in the last 48 hours.
Resend, hopefully everyone will have their in boxes cleared of the
"noise" by now.
:-( ~ jan

Heh heh. I always check for your posts, Jan. I forgot to check for Koi's,
though. I can't tell from the headers which of hers are really hers; I just
guess by Subject. Also, I've forgotten the names of the other regulars and
old timers.

Hiya Nick, I don't know who's all out there any more either. I'm this
message will get them to resend, if they had sent something. I sent 2 other
message right in the middle of last night's hit, so I resent this morning
only we got hit again. Figure I might resend those again later, for those
who just did a delete in mass. ~ jan
~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE
Old 26-02-2006, 03:30 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy~

Don't hold your breathe, I seem to belive more posts are on the
way..........it probably is not over by a long shot as the dump of
posts was small compared to previous dumps.......
]
I doubt it was Chuckie that did it, as it has been done before when
Chuckie was not involved......Its Carol's socket puppets. If someones
kills the bitch or pulls the plug on her compiuter odds are all USENET
problems will dissapear imediately, as well as all these so called
regulars that just up and pop into this forum and others that were
never heard from before CArol started her degradation of forums.

~ janj wrote:

~ janj wrote:
Big Sigh If you've sent/replied to anything in the last 48 hours.
Resend, hopefully everyone will have their in boxes cleared of the
"noise" by now.
:-( ~ jan

Heh heh. I always check for your posts, Jan. I forgot to check for Koi's,
though. I can't tell from the headers which of hers are really hers; I just
guess by Subject. Also, I've forgotten the names of the other regulars and
old timers.

Hiya Nick, I don't know who's all out there any more either. I'm this
message will get them to resend, if they had sent something. I sent 2 other
message right in the middle of last night's hit, so I resent this morning
only we got hit again. Figure I might resend those again later, for those
who just did a delete in mass. ~ jan
~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 26-02-2006, 04:37 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy~

See, I had a feeling that there was more to come.........and no I have
nothing to do with the floods! Take that issue up with Carol and her
army of followers that like to use remailers and remain secluded in
the background or chime in to her defense.

~ janj wrote:

~ janj wrote:
Big Sigh If you've sent/replied to anything in the last 48 hours.
Resend, hopefully everyone will have their in boxes cleared of the
"noise" by now.
:-( ~ jan

Heh heh. I always check for your posts, Jan. I forgot to check for Koi's,
though. I can't tell from the headers which of hers are really hers; I just
guess by Subject. Also, I've forgotten the names of the other regulars and
old timers.

Hiya Nick, I don't know who's all out there any more either. I'm this
message will get them to resend, if they had sent something. I sent 2 other
message right in the middle of last night's hit, so I resent this morning
only we got hit again. Figure I might resend those again later, for those
who just did a delete in mass. ~ jan
~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Old 26-02-2006, 08:53 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

These days the value of Usenet is significantly depreciated, webforums and
mailing lists have largely replaced Usenet.

I guess this is a dying format? Even though it took me less than 5 minutes
to get rid of the 7900+ messages this morning. I hate to see newsgroups go,
even though I love the pictures at Koiphen, it takes far longer to read
thru it. With Agent I can delete as I read, so I'm not re-reading.

I don't know who it was, but last year someone said we ought to put POND in
front of all our sends. I couldn't see the reasoning at the time, but I
guess they were aware that those who we were handling with our killfilters,
would find another way. It never occurred to naive little me that there are
such vindictive people out there, that love negative attention/vibes. ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Old 26-02-2006, 08:56 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

somebody named chuckie got ticked off with crossposting to rec.gardens and decided to
punish rec.ponds.

Ingrid

I'm confused. I thought he was a legit RP newcomer (though the "chuckie"
nym made me suspicious). You think he is behind the downloaded in-mass
garbage? ~ jan

Old 26-02-2006, 11:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy~

Yep, "its" name is Carol and her army of sock puppets and deciples.

Old 27-02-2006, 04:06 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

~ janj wrote:

I don't know who it was, but last year someone said we ought to put POND
in front of all our sends. I couldn't see the reasoning at the time, but I
guess they were aware that those who we were handling with our
killfilters, would find another way. It never occurred to naive little me
that there are such vindictive people out there, that love negative
attention/vibes. ~ jan

It really has no value. Don't you that think anyone who can flood the
newsgroup can do it with POND in the subject line? He managed to add a
bogus "Koi-lo" header (in fact, I'm surprised my newsserver even accepted
it, but it was the easy way to prevent them coming in future).
--
derek
Old 27-02-2006, 08:34 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:06:31 -0400, Derek Broughton
wrote:

It really has no value. Don't you that think anyone who can flood the
newsgroup can do it with POND in the subject line?

Absolutely. I think I mentioned that in one of my posts, for now this will
work, IMHO, till "they" discover how we're working around them. Then we'll
switch to another code word, like KOI maybe. ;o)

K30 heard a treefrog frog in her yard the other day, spring isn't far away
when that happens. ~ jan
~ jan/WA
Zone 7a
Old 27-02-2006, 10:32 PM posted to rec.ponds
ModeratelyConfused

wrote:

It really has no value. Don't you that think anyone who can flood the
newsgroup can do it with POND in the subject line?

Absolutely. I think I mentioned that in one of my posts, for now this will
work, IMHO, till "they" discover how we're working around them. Then we'll
switch to another code word, like KOI maybe. ;o)

K30 heard a treefrog frog in her yard the other day, spring isn't far away
when that happens. ~ jan

Can't wait for it... It's a nice warm 31º F here in Lancaster PA.

MC