Old 15-03-2006, 02:20 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Default Aqua Ecolizer thingie

Well how many ran out and bought this new so called fandangled
contraption, which will alighn the molecules in the water with the
poles of the magnetic fields and wipe out algae and make your water
Gin clear in three days........

Sort of like that contraption you clamap around your fuel liines that
contains magnets to realign the molecules in the gasoline so they flow
better and burn better.......yea right!

All it is, is a piece of PVC pipe with adapters on each end, with a
few magenets glued inside over which water passes.......

A few folks have went out on the limb in some various web based forums
to buy it and use it on their aquariums, and a few even are trying it
on their ponds, but so far no real feedback as to its usefullness
other than making a dent in the wallet. I myself am pretty skeptical.
Remember when wearing magnets supposedly cured everything that ailed
you......magenet bracelets, inserts for shoes, magnetic bands for
knees, backs etc etc..........I have my druthers as to its claims
beinbg what they are, but it may be interesting to see other folks
assessments of this item over time.
--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 15-03-2006, 03:06 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gareee©

"Roy"
Remember when wearing magnets supposedly cured everything that ailed
you......magenet bracelets, inserts for shoes, magnetic bands for
knees, backs etc etc..........I have my druthers as to its claims
being what they are, but it may be interesting to see other folks
assessments of this item over time.

I had a DR who swore by magnet tech.. last year it was debunked as a
worthless idea which, after a few year's study, had no recordable positive
effects at all.

I'm guessing this is probably going to be the same thing...

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 15-03-2006, 04:45 PM posted to rec.ponds
Richard Sexton

In article ,
Roy wrote:
Well how many ran out and bought this new so called fandangled
contraption, which will alighn the molecules in the water with the
poles of the magnetic fields and wipe out algae and make your water
Gin clear in three days........

I'm really embarassed to say this but the guy I think knows more
about fish than anybody in Canada tried this on one of his ponds;
both were green, the magnetized one cleared up. Neither he nor I
wish to believe this.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old 15-03-2006, 05:00 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gareee©

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message

I'm really embarassed to say this but the guy I think knows more
about fish than anybody in Canada tried this on one of his ponds;
both were green, the magnetized one cleared up. Neither he nor I
wish to believe this.

Water does clear up from time to time, as it hit's an eco balance.. it could
be it worked in conjunction with the balancing to make it appear that it did
the job itself.

If it's cheap though, it can't hurt to at least try it, if it's another $70
solution though, I'll stick with UV filtering which has been proven to work.

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 15-03-2006, 06:07 PM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze

Roy wrote:
Well how many ran out and bought this new so called fandangled
contraption, which will alighn the molecules in the water with the
poles of the magnetic fields and wipe out algae and make your water
Gin clear in three days........

I'm really embarassed to say this but the guy I think knows more
about fish than anybody in Canada tried this on one of his ponds;
both were green, the magnetized one cleared up. Neither he nor I
wish to believe this.

Probably coincidental at best. If magnets could do something we could just
run down to a surplus electronics shop, buy a large speaker magnet, drop it
in a glass jar and toss the jar into the pond. Anyone want to bet that there
will be no algae on the glass jar after 2 months?

Let's make a friendly wager, let's say after 2 months if there is algae on
the jar you owe me a 2006 Mercedes Benz e350, if there no algae, I'll give
you my 1992 Toyota corolla.

-S

Old 15-03-2006, 06:12 PM posted to rec.ponds
Altum

Richard Sexton wrote:
In article ,
Roy wrote:
Well how many ran out and bought this new so called fandangled
contraption, which will alighn the molecules in the water with the
poles of the magnetic fields and wipe out algae and make your water
Gin clear in three days........

I'm really embarassed to say this but the guy I think knows more
about fish than anybody in Canada tried this on one of his ponds;
both were green, the magnetized one cleared up. Neither he nor I
wish to believe this.

Ah, but did he take it off and watch the pond go green again? And did
he put it on the other pond and clear it? Based on the data you've
given, you don't have to believe. ;-)

--
Put the word aquaria in the subject to reply.
Did you read the FAQ? http://faq.thekrib.com
Old 15-03-2006, 11:32 PM posted to rec.ponds
Daniel Morrow

Bottom posted.
Roy wrote:
[...]

Sounds like the device that came out around 1990 that ran electric current
through aquariums that supposedly eliminated water changes and the fish
supposedly would never get sick. That device was hammered by the aquarium
magazines at the time as hocus pokus (less slick than an illusion like what
we call "magic" nowadays) and it never had significant success in the
aquarium equipment industry and it never surfaced. People STILL buy those
magnetic bracelets, etc.., I think I saw some for sale on the home shopping
network in the us recently, and maybe even qvc. The way I look at it about
the magnetic bracelets, etc. is that if the rich want to buy them that's
fine with me, but don't they dare try to force me to buy hocus pokus junk
like that in any way! Good luck and later!