Old 08-04-2003, 03:32 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Roofing Supply Companies

There has been a lot of talk of roofing liner being just as good, and I
believe it. I am trying to research sources to see if the price point is
really there. My problem is that I can't finding roofing supplies anywhere!
*laugh* Home Depot does not carry EPDM liner, and I can't find a local
roofing company. Any thoughts?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

Old 08-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Jon

Actually the Home Depots here carry pondliner.... over in the garden
department.... Also look for 'Anjon' online they sell the liner and stuff in
Phoenix.

Jon Nyhus

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 08-04-2003, 08:44 PM
RichToyBox

BV,

In the Richmond Yellow Pages, there are about 2 columns of "Roofing
Materials". Some are slate, metal, but some are all. If your area doesn't
have a roofing supplier, check with one of the larger cities around you.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 08-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Springworks

!
*laugh* Home Depot does not carry EPDM liner, and I can't find a local
roofing company. Any thoughts?

I work part time at a HD here in Richmond,Va. We carry both EPDM and PVC
liner....The EPDM runs about $13.00 per lineal ft at 15 ft wide and the PVC
runs about $8.50 per ft at 12 ft wide...Now the boxed liner (PVC only) is
cheaper since the price of the liner goes up & down with the price of
fuel..So a 12 x 17 piece of PVC in the box runs about $99.00 the same piece
on the bulk roll is $147.22......See if you can find boxed EPDM somewhere if
you can.........

Old 08-04-2003, 08:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
BV,

In the Richmond Yellow Pages, there are about 2 columns of "Roofing
Materials". Some are slate, metal, but some are all. If your area

doesn't
have a roofing supplier, check with one of the larger cities around you.
--
RichToyBox

All right, now I feel like a dork. I searched on-line and found nothing. I
never thought to look at the phone book. Technology...gets you every time.

BV.

Old 09-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Barbara2245

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in message ...
There has been a lot of talk of roofing liner being just as good, and I
believe it. I am trying to research sources to see if the price point is
really there. My problem is that I can't finding roofing supplies anywhere!
*laugh* Home Depot does not carry EPDM liner, and I can't find a local
roofing company. Any thoughts?

Two years ago I bought my liner from Water Garden Creations with no
shipping and delivered to the door and the price was good. Good luck.

http://watergardencreations.com/webstore/Shopping.htm
Old 09-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Jon

Thats the company that I bought my pond equipment from... they were great,
and the prices were right... They are associated with Anjon liner. Jon
Nyhus

"Barbara2245" wrote in message
om...
"BenignVanilla" m wrote

in message ...

Old 09-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Snooze

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
There has been a lot of talk of roofing liner being just as good, and I
believe it. I am trying to research sources to see if the price point is
really there. My problem is that I can't finding roofing supplies

anywhere!
*laugh* Home Depot does not carry EPDM liner, and I can't find a local
roofing company. Any thoughts?

There's the old standby, call up any local roofing contractor, and ask them
where they buy their supplies, or ask the foremen on the job, the next time
you see someone working on a roof.

Out here in California, there seem to be a ton of roofing supply companies
in the phonebook

Sameer

Old 09-04-2003, 06:44 PM
punky

http://www.abcsupply.com/
"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 09-04-2003, 08:56 PM
gerry

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:29:33 -0400, "BenignVanilla"
m wrote:

There has been a lot of talk of roofing liner being just as good, and I
believe it. I am trying to research sources to see if the price point is
really there. My problem is that I can't finding roofing supplies anywhere!
*laugh* Home Depot does not carry EPDM liner, and I can't find a local
roofing company. Any thoughts?

I found local suppliers, all carry EDPM with fungicide additive. Made me
wary of using it.

gerry

--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com

Old 11-04-2003, 06:08 PM
~ jan

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:43:47 -0400, gerry wrote:

I found local suppliers, all carry EDPM with fungicide additive. Made me
wary of using it. gerry

This can be so even with other forms of roofing, depends on what part of
the country you live in. Good advice to check in to it. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 19-04-2003, 02:56 AM
adavisus

really there. My problem is that I can't finding roofing supplies anywhere!
*laugh* Home Depot does not carry EPDM liner, and I can't find a local
roofing company. Any thoughts?

I sourced roofing liner from a local farm supplies company who could
supply 100'x20' sheets around the $90 mark last year.
At a local Lowes the stuff is on the shelf.

Theres a lot of misinformation put out there by folk who would sell
you the same stuff at 10x the price at other places.

They will babble fungicide, poison, oil, anything to make you think
only the pricey 'pond liner' is the right stuff

It isnt, get over it, get to make an honest living in the real world
lol

As with any material suitable for making a pond, open it up, rinse it
off, when installed, age the pond water long enough for algae and
'normal' aquatic insects to colonise the pond, before putting a few
test fish in...

regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html
(andys aquatic plant list for interesting swaps)
Old 19-04-2003, 10:44 PM
gerry

On 18 Apr 2003 18:55:07 -0700, (adavisus) wrote:

[...]

It may depend upon the brand and specific product.

A roofing supplier I called explicitly said not to use the product he
carries. He tried it himself, the specific product was formulated to leach
fungicide for years. Killed everything on it's surface for a summer, till he
ripped it out.

No doubt there are safe ones, just knowing which is the problem.

gerry

--

Personal home page -
http://gogood.com

Roofing Liner Priscilla McCullough Ponds 8 19-08-2003 06:42 PM
Cedar roofing shakes for orchid mounts J. Del Col Orchids 2 16-07-2003 05:42 AM
Roofing Question Oboe Lawns 2 23-06-2003 02:44 PM
Barn Restoration and Roofing in West Central Wisconsin David and Nan Greenly sci.agriculture 0 10-06-2003 01:33 AM
ideas for moss cleaning and patio roofing [email protected] Gardening 2 05-06-2003 12:21 AM