Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-05-2006, 03:38 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bonita

Default will wild bullfrogs tame?

I have 2 wild bullfrogs that have been living in my pond for 4 years
now, only those 2 no other have come around. I was just playing around
my pond yesterday and tossed a store bought cricket at them, end result
happy frog!!! I fed the rest of the 20 or so crickets I had left. They
got very close to me when getting their free meal. I thought that was
so cool!!! If I continue to feed them like this will they tame to the
point of petting them? But I wonder if they get used to me feeding them
all the time will they forget the wild hunt for food in them? So is
this a good idea or not. Also caught them mating today, how long for
the eggs?

Tame Blackberries? Stan Gardening 1 20-12-2007 01:11 PM
tame garden birds Alan United Kingdom 4 29-04-2006 01:12 PM
Pond update - mosquito minnows tame in two days mark Bannister Ponds 6 18-06-2005 03:29 PM
How to tame a virginia creeper? Peter United Kingdom 3 27-07-2003 09:30 AM