Old 21-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Priscilla McCullough

Default Above ground veggie filter

Someone gave me a link awhile back on details how to make a above ground
veggie filter that poured back into the pond. I have lost it. Does anyone
know the link?
The filter was made out of wood and had a liner in it.
I am fixing to get ready to make one for my pond.
Priss

Old 21-04-2003, 02:20 AM
Snooze

http://community.webshots.com/album/43346868XpvJzF
Is that the one you were looking for?

Old 21-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

Priscilla McCullough wrote:
Someone gave me a link awhile back on details how to make a above ground
veggie filter that poured back into the pond. I have lost it. Does anyone
know the link?
The filter was made out of wood and had a liner in it.
I am fixing to get ready to make one for my pond.
Priss

Hi Priss,
Several of us have that type of veggie filter, Nedra and I
both have web sites that show them. Check mine out at the
link following my name. Jim has a veggie filter also. John
did, but his is being changed. Ingrid has a site that shows
hers as well.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 21-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Jim

Someone gave me a link awhile back on details how to make a
above ground veggie filter that poured back into the pond.

My veggie filter is above ground and was constructed the way you
describe.

Jim
Zone 8a - Dallas, Texas
Pond, Veggie Filter, Pond Maintenance & Pond Tour Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dallas75248
Old 21-04-2003, 04:56 AM
John Rutz

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:
Priscilla McCullough wrote:

Someone gave me a link awhile back on details how to make a above ground
veggie filter that poured back into the pond. I have lost it. Does anyone
know the link?
The filter was made out of wood and had a liner in it.
I am fixing to get ready to make one for my pond.
Priss

Hi Priss,
Several of us have that type of veggie filter, Nedra and I both have web
sites that show them. Check mine out at the
link following my name. Jim has a veggie filter also. John
did, but his is being changed. Ingrid has a site that shows
hers as well.

--
the pics are still on the website and I have some diretons and I think
the measurements to cut the timbers

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
If it can't be fixed with bailing wire or duct tape
its not worth fixing

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 21-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Nedra

Priss, Here's the link to my pond and veggie filter. The VF
is on the 1st page. It is on the upper left corner. Hope you
find the one you are looking for.

Nedra

news:F446DE2D443A0B3A.57ED111825DBDD6E.0A6F8A2BF4B ...

Old 21-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Thanks Folks!
The filter I seen looks alot like these except the guy didn't have holes in
it to drain. He had a section of the wood cut out up top and let the water
overflow into the pond like that. Hopefully I can come up with some ideas
from what you all gave me. I am by no means a carpenter. lol
Priss
rthlink.net...

Old 21-04-2003, 02:22 PM
Jim

The filter I seen looks alot like these except the guy
didn't have holes in it to drain.

John Rutz has/had a veggie filter designed this way. I believe there
are pics of it on his site.

John's page link: http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 21-04-2003, 04:34 PM
Justin

"Jim" wrote in message
news:F446DE2D443A0B3A.57ED111825DBDD6E.0A6F8A2BF4B ...
Someone gave me a link awhile back on details how to make a
above ground veggie filter that poured back into the pond.

My veggie filter is above ground and was constructed the way you
describe.

Jim
Zone 8a - Dallas, Texas
Pond, Veggie Filter, Pond Maintenance & Pond Tour Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dallas75248

I also have one like you describe.

Justin
http://www.geocities.com/justinm090

Old 21-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Priscilla McCullough

This is the filter I seen. Someone else has it step by step on their site
but can't find the darn thing.
Any pics would be great. Blondes get more done by pics than by reading
directions. :-)
What is that thing you have thats pouring the water out?
And where'd did you get it? lol
I love this set up.
Priss

Old 21-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Thanks Ingrid. What is that that you have that is spilling the water into
the pond?
I am looking at the Aug. 23 picture towards the bottom.
Priss

Old 21-04-2003, 10:08 PM

OK.. redid page and included a closeup of the spillway. it is just a piece of pine
that has "ears" so it can be screwed into the front. the permalon comes over that.
later I trimmed the permalon to fit so it has a broader "spill". Ingrid
more pages will come showing changes since 2000.