Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Megan Wilson

Default just starting out, ? about pumps

Hello all!

I am really and truly just starting out, as in no hole as been dug, but the
area where the pond is going has been roughly surveyed. Last spring i built
a small 100 gallon indoor pond, but i did it very quickly with out doing
much research. this time i want to do it right, and i'm trying to figure out
how much money its all going to cost me so i can make a budget. Since i
don't have any sort of hole dug, i can only go by my theoretical dimensions
to guess the volume. My concern right now is pumps (which is better
submersible or not, and how much its going to cost). and as you may have
noticed i'm starting to ramble so i'll cut it short. My questions are,
what's the best way to approximate volume (using some online calculators
i've gotten numbers ranging from 1,500 to 11,000 gallons)? and would anyone
be willing to provide me with the pros and cons between the
submersible/non-submersible pumps, or at least point me in the direction of
finding such information? thank you in advance!

megs