Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Szpond

Default Color me DISCOURAGED!

Pond dug in May, 2002. First year was great! Pea green twice during the
season, but cleared up quickly and nicely. Pond is 18'x14'x3' to 4' deep.
Zone 5. Biofilter, waterfall, spitter, and 4500 gph pump.

This year - Murky, pea green soup, floating algae, for the past 6 weeks.
Plenty of plants. Have lost 12+ comets and koi to the local heron (of course
he took our favorite ones). Have string around pond, floating snake, and heron
statue. Took another one this week! Have lots of hiding spots for the fish,
but they come right to surface everytime we approach.
Did water changes, bought BZT, cleaned filter numerous times, added Klear, and
still no improvement.
Please help me before I call the local quarry to fill this hole in! Cathy