Old 11-07-2003, 04:38 PM
John Rutz

Default bubble eye goldfish

Nedra wrote:
Lee and Bonnie,

There is a good article in July's issue of Water Gardening
on Bubble Eyes.

how come i havent got mine yet

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 11-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Lee Brouillet wrote:
Bonnie, can you forward the links to me? I called a few folks, too, before I
said they were unsuited. So there are several of us that need our info
up-dated. The biggest LFS here said they were strictly aquarium fish, too
delicate for a pond.

Thanks!

Lee

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message

Tom La Bron wrote:

Muffin,

A friend in California breeds and keeps his bubble-eyed goldfish in

ponds

year 'round. I have bubble-eyes in my pond. The only thing that you

have

to remember is that usually stay mid to bottom in the pond and there

should

be no sharp edges in the swim area. They get a long fine.

HTH

Tom L.L.

"*muffin*" wrote in message

do any of you have these in your pond? ( we are looking for something

else,

besides the plain GOLD fish..)

how delicate are the eye bubbles?
what happens if they break?

Muffin wishes goldfish came in the same colors as koi

Muffin,

I gave incorrect advice and I apologize. I just got done
reading several magazine articles on bubbles eyes in ponds.
Apparently they are an interesting pond pet.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Actually it was a hard copy of Water Gardening Magazine.
The May/June issue has an article about the celestial-eye
and the July/August has an article about the bubble-eye.

Old 11-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Nedra

Lee,
Here is the addy for Water Gardening:

www.watergardening.com

Hope they have a place to subscribe ...

Nedra

Old 11-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

John Rutz wrote:

Lee Brouillet wrote:

Gotta subscribe!

Lee

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

Lee and Bonnie,

There is a good article in July's issue of Water Gardening
on Bubble Eyes.

they have some real informative articles and once in a while a ?? the
june issue had an article on veggie filters advocated filling them to
the water level with pea gravel

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

That was a bog filter not a veggie filter. Sure hate to
clean that!

Old 11-07-2003, 06:10 PM
John Rutz

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:
John Rutz wrote:

Lee Brouillet wrote:

Gotta subscribe!

Lee

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

Lee and Bonnie,

There is a good article in July's issue of Water Gardening
on Bubble Eyes.

they have some real informative articles and once in a while a ?? the
june issue had an article on veggie filters advocated filling them
to the water level with pea gravel

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
never miss a good oportunity to shut up
see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

That was a bog filter not a veggie filter. Sure hate to clean that!

--
Ok your right guess oltimers got me

Old 11-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Nedra

y' know ... I was thinking about Anita
(last name escapes me) claiming the in-pond bog was a
new "concept" ... (she's the gal who "invented" it)
Looked almost as bad as my veggie filter did when I went
ahead and added gravel to it. I meant to mention this
to the "inventor" but never got around to it. She claims it never needs to
be cleaned ........ humm

Nedra
"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
John Rutz wrote:

Lee Brouillet wrote:

Gotta subscribe!

Lee

Old 11-07-2003, 06:11 PM
BenignVanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
y' know ... I was thinking about Anita
(last name escapes me) claiming the in-pond bog was a
new "concept" ... (she's the gal who "invented" it)
Looked almost as bad as my veggie filter did when I went
ahead and added gravel to it. I meant to mention this
to the "inventor" but never got around to it. She claims it never needs

be cleaned ........ humm

snip

I recently shop vacced the VF to get rid of some of my mud. I can attest
that the small amount of gravel I used under each pot to make them sit up
straight...was disgusting and smelly. Even a small amount of gravel can
create pockets of goo.

BV.

Old 11-07-2003, 06:11 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

John Rutz wrote:

Lee Brouillet wrote:

Gotta subscribe!

Lee

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

Lee and Bonnie,

There is a good article in July's issue of Water Gardening
on Bubble Eyes.

they have some real informative articles and once in a while a ?? the
june issue had an article on veggie filters advocated filling them to
the water level with pea gravel

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

That was a bog filter not a veggie filter. Sure hate to
clean that!

--
Bonnie
NJ
http://home.earthlink.net/~maebe43/

Quick Pick Pink Eye Purple Hull Pea Seeds Dennis Parker Edible Gardening 2 11-07-2008 11:54 PM
goldfish eye problem Gary John Ponds 3 14-11-2005 03:51 AM
[IBC] Art is DEFINITELY in the eye of the beholder! Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL Bonsai 1 11-06-2003 09:44 PM
Pop Eye Terry Ponds (alternative) 1 12-04-2003 01:20 PM
Pop Eye Terry Ponds 2 06-04-2003 11:56 AM