Old 09-07-2003, 08:56 PM
bobkiely

Default What is? (Shareholders Pond)

I don't mean to be a buttinski or anything but I'm sorta/kinda new here and
I was wondering what you mean by "Shareholders Pond"?

Old 09-07-2003, 09:10 PM
BenignVanilla

"bobkiely" wrote in message
I don't mean to be a buttinski or anything but I'm sorta/kinda new here

and
I was wondering what you mean by "Shareholders Pond"?

In Sept or Oct of 2002, I started researching/learning about backyard ponds.
I knew nothing about them, but knew I wanted one. I spent about 4-6 months
doing research, reading books, surfing web sites, etc., but I always ended
up back here asking questions. When the hole was dug and plumbed, I lined it
and filled it. Turns out my VF was higher up then I thought, so no water
would flow to my VF via gravity, which was a problem because I am using a
bottom drain.

I was ready to call it quits and fill the whole thing in.

At that point, someone, I think it was k30a or Just Me Koi that said, "Hell
no, we own part of that there hole being that we helped you research and
all. We here gots us a vested interest."

It seems my research allowed many old-fart ponders to reminisce about all
the things they wish they had done but didn't do because they did not have a
team of experts like I had in the design phase. Hindsight being 20/20 and
all that. So my pond as a result had many of these ideas incorporated into
it.

I solved my flow problem, and re-lit my pond candle. The pond quickly became
known as Shareholders Pond, with many of the ponders here (I won't name them
because I am sure to forget someone important) each owning a little bit in
some ethereal way.

My wife however, is the CFO and is truely in control. Me the CEO am just a
figure head, and the board of directors has no chance against the Queen CFO
whatsoever, but we all just trudge along anyway and feel like we are in
control.

One of these days when the pond is done, y'all gotta come over for a cool
one by SH Pond.

BV.
CEO Shareholders Pond

Old 10-07-2003, 12:30 AM
Anne Lurie

Thanks, BV, for the explanation -- and special thanks to bobkiely for
asking the question that I, for one, had not dared to ask! I'm not only a
newbie to rec.ponds, but I apparently have something set wrong on Outlook
Express so I don't get all the posts in a thread -- I'd like to claim that
as my excuse for my "half-baked" posts, but............ alas, I can't blame
all of my posts on that!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 10-07-2003, 01:11 AM
John Hines

"bobkiely" wrote:

I don't mean to be a buttinski or anything but I'm sorta/kinda new here and
I was wondering what you mean by "Shareholders Pond"?

People have contributed so many ideas for Jeff's (benignvanilla) pond,
that he rewarded the group with virtual shares.

Feel free to kick in ideas, especially about removing clay, and join in.

Currently, he is paying dividends, in the form of mosquito fish FOB the
pond, to shareholders.

Old 10-07-2003, 04:32 AM
jammer

I have to laugh at myself and fess up that i thought it was owned by a
few different people, like adjoining properties or something. L O L !

Old 10-07-2003, 01:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"John Hines" wrote in message
"bobkiely" wrote:

I don't mean to be a buttinski or anything but I'm sorta/kinda new here

and
I was wondering what you mean by "Shareholders Pond"?

People have contributed so many ideas for Jeff's (benignvanilla) pond,
that he rewarded the group with virtual shares.

Feel free to kick in ideas, especially about removing clay, and join in.

Currently, he is paying dividends, in the form of mosquito fish FOB the
pond, to shareholders.

The dividends will be huge this month. I mean huge. We found minnows in the
VF yesterday. *sigh* But the water is clearing nicely. Still can't see the
bottom of the pond, but certainly a foot or two down which is a huge
improvement.

BV.

Old 10-07-2003, 06:23 PM
bobkiely

Just my luck! I finally get something where I can appreciate a dividend and
you pay off in mosquito fish plus postage *LOL*

Thanks for the explanation BV - Guess I wasn't the only one wondering about
it.
BK

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...