Old 30-08-2003, 04:42 AM
Roger Grady

Default Pleco????

"Bob in PA" wrote:

Just to let you know, in the aquarium groups, pleco is spelled "Pl*co".
When spelled regularly, myth states that the pleco in the post will die.

Hmmmm... I posted here in June about my two Pleco's. Both died soon
after, a couple of weeks apart. One small goldfish died too, but the
other 40+ were, and still are, fine. I'm not the superstitious type
but it makes you wonder....

Roger Grady
To reply by email, remove "qlfit." from address

Old 30-08-2003, 04:42 AM
Roger Grady

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

I was going to say almost the same thing. I did have one though that was
chasing the goldfish around very suspiciously, moved it to another tank
with different goldfish and never had a problem. I got a new one for the
other tank and it has behaved.

I've never noticed Plecos bothering other fish in the slightest,
neither goldfish in the pond, nor cichlids in the indoor aquarium.

Plecos can be very interesting (beauty in the eye of the beholder) and some
can be quite amazingly expensive. I visited a gal in Spokane who had a big
tank just for these fish, but different varieties, gorgeous creatures. One
in particular was black with yellow spots.

I saw a fairly large blue-eyed Pleco in a pet store once. Looked just
like a regular plain Pleco except for those gorgeous saphire blue
eyes. I sure was tempted.

A Pleco Question Gene Ponds 5 12-06-2003 05:23 PM
Wow - Blue Pleco? DWS Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 02-05-2003 04:21 AM
L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords Robert Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords Robert Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 29-03-2003 09:44 AM
L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords Robert Flory Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 26-03-2003 11:56 PM