Old 26-08-2003, 03:33 AM
mad

Default WHAT... My pond a sandpit

works for me since you are looking at the whole of my backyard. no room for
a larger one.
mad
--
I'm suffering from Mallzheimer's disease. I go to the mall and
forget where I parked my car.

From: "dkat"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 02:24:18 GMT
Subject: WHAT... My pond a sandpit

Neat! That is a great idea. DK

"mad" wrote in message
if i had to leave my house, i'd take all mine with me, pond included. LOL
look and see why.
mad
--
See my zone 8B pond:
http://community.webshots.com/album/14478479WdPMkPBPmt

From: "dkat"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 02:21:42 GMT

Given that I have made the mistake of going back to past homes and found
what I treasured destroyed I've actually wondered if I could leave my
current home (I've lived here longer than any other place) and if I did

what
would I do with my pond and such. For years I have tried to naturalize

our
yard and it is highly likely that anyone moving into our home would
immediately try to kill all the moss, turn any evergreen plant they

could
into a square, rectangle or some Disney shape, and fill in my pond. I

have
decided that I'm adopting out my fish to a wonderful woman I know that

has a
much larger pond and then turning the pond into an almost bog garden for

the
irises I will leave. AND I will never come back to see what the new

owners
have done. DK

"Mistatee" wrote in message
Just had potential buyers round for my house and they said they would

make
my pond into a sandpit for the kids.... Gosh.

Not a safety issue, they are just not into ponds.

Maybe I should stipulate in the advertisement that the pond must remain

pond for the next thirty years as per contract.

Hey... what do I care. I'll be too busy building my next pond at my new
abode to think about it.

Steve... and his/possibly was pond.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.thomas4/MyPond.html

Crying into my cornflakes.

---

Old 26-08-2003, 10:02 PM
D Kat

I had a preformed pond given to me and I just don't have the time and energy
to dig a hole for it so I'm going to try to figure out how to do what you
did for this one. The problem is that the pond is one of the kidney shaped
ones with a center circle hole of about 18" (the pond is maybe 4'X2.5' - I
can carry it on my hip). So I have to have some support under the upper
level and I'm worried that with all the water in it that it will have stress
points if I don't get enough support or if the support is not level.... So
is this a doable idea or not? I am assuming you have no support on your
sides or underneath since it seems to go almost straight down. DK

Old 26-08-2003, 11:02 PM
mad

my pond is a 300 gallon blue plastic free-standing stock tank. i have no
clue how to support the underside of a pond like yours. sorry i can't be of
any help. maybe sombody else here will be able to help you.
mad

Old 27-08-2003, 04:03 AM
jammer

I would set it down and pack dirt in around it and have sloping sides.

Old 27-08-2003, 04:03 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I had a preformed pond given to me and I just don't have the time and energy
to dig a hole for it so I'm going to try to figure out how to do what you
did for this one. The problem is that the pond is one of the kidney shaped
ones with a center circle hole of about 18" (the pond is maybe 4'X2.5' - I
can carry it on my hip). So I have to have some support under the upper
level and I'm worried that with all the water in it that it will have stress
points if I don't get enough support or if the support is not level.... So
is this a doable idea or not? I am assuming you have no support on your
sides or underneath since it seems to go almost straight down. DK

I've seen these set up, above ground, at garden centers. They used cement
blocks for support and then used other material to hide the underneath.
Some have used wood, other bricks, etc.

There is someone on here that did a turtle deck pond that I think showed
pictures of construction, anyone remember that website? Or is the poster
still here perhaps? I know that cut a whole in plywood and set the preform
into it, like one would do a sink. The plywood was covered with astro turf
type stuff. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 28-08-2003, 09:02 PM
dkat

May I say once again... I just love this room! The ideas gave me a kick
start and I now know what I'm going to do.... (basically a combination of
all the ideas).. Thanks all! DKat